Christmas is a lie posters

Not to many atheists in the Marine unit I served in. Sure, there were the barrack room intellectuals who were fond of professing their atheism while we were at the training depot but once overseas and confronted with the very real possibility of mortality they all seemed to suddeny disappear

Perhaps people have an underlying faith after all, despite what they say?

Muslims were in control of India over one thousand years and never obliged Indians to convert to Islam.

Not so sure about that, but how come there are no Hindu Temples over 400 years old? Oh yeah, they got knocked down by the ruling Islamic occupiers (it was a Hindu long before Islam was invented), generally Mosques being built in their place!

Seeing as Muslims turn often to the Old Testament, why not take the next step and follow the teaching of Jesus?

There are lots of Muslims who already do.

I was asking a Muslim friend of mine if they did anything at all to celebrate Christmas, knowing that Jesus was one of their Prophets. As the conversation went on, he said amongst other things that Virgin Mary is very highly revered by Muslims and that Muslims believe in the second coming of Jesus, and that when this happens Jesus will rule over Earth for 40 years and it will be 40 years of peace.

Jesus was NOT the son of God

Any evidence either way?

As to whether Christians call him the son of God:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus

Jesus of Nazareth (c. 5 BC/BCE – c. 30 AD/CE), commonly known as Jesus Christ or simply Jesus, is the central figure of Christianity. Christians view him as the Messiah foretold in the Old Testament and as the Son of God, who provided salvation and reconciliation with God to humankind by dying for their sins, then rising from the dead.

I was asking a Muslim friend of mine if they did anything at all to celebrate Christmas, knowing that Jesus was one of their Prophets. As the conversation went on, he said amongst other things that Virgin Mary is very highly revered by Muslims and that Muslims believe in the second coming of Jesus, and that when this happens Jesus will rule over Earth for 40 years and it will be 40 years of peace.

That's nice to know. :)

Here are some of the things the Koran says about Jesus :

(Surah 3:45; 4:157; 171) says Jesus was the Messiah

Jesus Christ performed miracles (Surah 3:49; 5:110) and was the Messiah.

Surah 19:33 says Jesus died and would be resurrected.

According to the Qur'an. Jesus did miracles (Surah 3:49; 5:110), but Muhammad did not (Surah 13:8: "thou art a warner [of coming divine judgment] only"; also 6:37; 6:109; 17:59 and 17:90-93).

Jesus was sinless (Surah 3:46), but Muhammad sinned and needed forgiveness (Surah 40:55: "Ask forgiveness of thy sin"; 42:5: "Ask forgiveness for those on the Earth"; 47:19: "Ask forgiveness for thy sin" ; 48:2: "that Allah may forgive thee of thy sin").

Jesus was called "the Messiah" by Allah in the Qur'an. And Jesus was even born of a virgin (Surah 3:45-57)

Archived