Christmas is a lie posters

I profoundly disagree with the general tenor of the views on here that these people are harmless idiots who ought to be ignored. iIt is no surprise that these posters emanate from Luton, which has become a notorious cesspit of Islamofascist fanaticism. A very significant number of terrorists, including of course the recent 'Swedish' suicide bomber, have had associations with the town and indeed with the group responsible for these posters. Tolerance is not an absolute virtue, especially if it nurtures the ideological breeding ground for extremist violence.

What would you do then?

The first thing I would do would be to take them, and the threat they pose, seriously rather than regarding them as simply harmless buffoons. It should be remembered that both Hamza and Bakri were regarded as such by the media for years before it was discovered that they were nothing of the kind, spawning as they did numerous violent jihadists. The second thing I would do would be to withdraw the benefit of selective tolerence from these groups. A good example of this selective tolerance relates to the lax supervision of Islamic extremism at British universities. Whereas BNP activity at British universities has been rightly proscribed and also vigorously policed by academic staff, Islamofascist activity has been allowed to flourish. I was recently estimated that over 60 suicide bombers or would be suicide bombers were involved in some way with Islamic groups at British universities. We should start taking the threat posed by these groups more seriously by proscribing them, by denying them access to public buildings, by forbidding their public demonstrations, by arresting them for incitement to public disorder etc.

A good example of this selective tolerance relates to the lax supervision of Islamic extremism at British universities. Whereas BNP activity at British universities has been rightly proscribed and also vigorously policed by academic staff, Islamofascist activity has been allowed to flourish.
There's a big difference though, because the BNP activists can't play the race card. I don't say that in jest - the Police and other authorities still have to tread very carefully and are loath to risk negative publicity. Even when they act in good faith and for good reason, there are countless anti-racism prats who start rattling drums about racist tactics and discrimination.

I was recently estimated that over 60 suicide bombers or would be suicide bombers were involved in some way with Islamic groups at British universities. We should start taking the threat posed by these groups more seriously by proscribing them, by denying them access to public buildings, by forbidding their public demonstrations, by arresting them for incitement to public disorder etc.
There is already a fair amount going on to follow these groups' activities and identify their members and intentions, but for the same reason as above, if formal action is taken to restrict them more than we do already, we will have placard-waving wastrels (and I suspect as many if not more white Christian misguided do-gooders as/than Muslim extremists) bleating about a racist Police state. I can think of plenty of posters on this forum who would be up in arms.

I'm an atheist and even I find these offensive!

I'm a Christian, and I don't really care. Live and let live, I say. No-one living in these islands should need the government to "protect" them from "offence".

The posters are of course daft and dishonest. But I would rather we had free speech than thought police. Because I have an idea that the thought police wouldn't bother *them* anyway, while harassing the rest of us unmercifully.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

More about the fact they are claiming 'In Islam we are protected from all of these evils" such as teenage pregnancy (not really an evil) and rape - which is clearly balls.
They kind of are protected by rape because they don't allow women any rights. I suspect that the loon putting out these posters thinks its madness that he can't go around forcing himself onto any woman that he pleases. Probably one of the reasons that he's so angry with the West.

There's a plane leaving every ten minutes.

Actually (at the moment) it's more like "there's a plane leaving every week":hihi:

People like this make muslims lives harder.

More like "People like this make everyones live's harder"

The first thing I would do would be to take them, and the threat they pose, seriously rather than regarding them as simply harmless buffoons. It should be remembered that both Hamza and Bakri were regarded as such by the media for years before it was discovered that they were nothing of the kind, spawning as they did numerous violent jihadists.
whether the media takes them seriously is kind of irrelevant isn't it? Surely it's the authorities that matter.
The second thing I would do would be to withdraw the benefit of selective tolerence from these groups. A good example of this selective tolerance relates to the lax supervision of Islamic extremism at British universities.
is the guy who produced these posters at uni?
Whereas BNP activity at British universities has been rightly proscribed and also vigorously policed by academic staff, Islamofascist activity has been allowed to flourish. I was recently estimated that over 60 suicide bombers or would be suicide bombers were involved in some way with Islamic groups at British universities. We should start taking the threat posed by these groups more seriously by proscribing them, by denying them access to public buildings, by forbidding their public demonstrations, by arresting them for incitement to public disorder etc.

Is this guy a group?

You're not talking about a response to these posters are you...

Archived