Christmas is a lie posters

We see plenty of self proclaimed athiests having a go at Christianity on the forum all the time, but as soon as Muslims (what ever the faction) do it everyone gets upset...

go figure.

I think there's quite a big difference between saying 'Christianity is silly and the events celebrated at Christmas didn't really happen' and proclaiming it to be 'evil' and putting blame on those who celebrate it for rape.

Can you really not see the difference?

Also he's not just having a go at Christians, he's having a go at anyone who enjoys this winter festival we have in our culture that has a diminishing religious component, including many atheists, and other non-Christians.

Their website is a hoot -

"Don't be the fool that thinks what harm can alcohol, drugs or a parties cause. Look around you, what causes the teenage pregnancies, or the abortions, homelessness, broken families, debt, domestic violence, poverty, violence etc. etc. these are all the side effects of evils in society. In Islam these problems are irradiated. "

http://www.xmasisevil.com/index2.php

I'm a Christian, and I don't really care.

I'm a atheist, I find the comments on the poster offensive, and I don't really care.

Live and let live, I say. No-one living in these islands should need the government to "protect" them from "offence".

Agreed.

Can you really not see the difference?

I can indeed, I guess when I first read it I skimmed it and dismissed it as the ravings of a nutter. I read it again and... dismissed it as the ravings of a nutter.

However to say it is completely different isn't true. There have been attacks on Christianity as a faith (on this forum) because of problems with some priests interfering with children in the Catholic church and people use that to demonise an entire institution.

I can indeed, I guess when I first read it I skimmed it and dismissed it as the ravings of a nutter. I read it again and... dismissed it as the ravings of a nutter.

However to say it is completely different isn't true. There have been attacks on Christianity as a faith (on this forum) because of problems with some priests interfering with children in the Catholic church and people use that to demonise an entire institution.

That institution had an internationally coordinated decades long policy of pressuring child rape victims to be silent, shielding the paedophiles from the authorities whilst quietly moving them into new jobs where they had access to fresh children to rape. That institution is still fighting with all it's considerable might the world over the protect paedophile priests who it did so much to enable from being brought to account for their crimes. The Catholic Church "demonised" itself.

There is simply no equivalence between criticising a specific institution for a well documented conspiracy which effectively enabled the rape of children and a delusional, generalised attack on our shared national culture and you make yourself look rather silly by trying to pretend there is.

Archived