Christmas is a lie posters

Worldwide, fewer than one Catholic priest in 4,000 has been accused (let alone convicted) of child abuse.

Whist I am not trying to argue that there are more paedophiles in the catholic church than anywhere else, I think there are a couple of things worth pointing out.

Firstly, one of the reasons so few get convicted is that the Catholic church does its absolute best up to and including paying people off to try and avoid them getting convicted.

Secondly, that what I just mentioned is the thing that most people take issue with. That's the problem, the fact that the church protects the paedophiles, to the detriment of the victims.

going back to the topic, it seems that this bit is quite true in my eyes

"'But our main attack is on the fruits of Christmas, things like alcohol abuse and promiscuity that increase during Christmas and all the other evils these lead to such as abortion, domestic violence and crime."

but i wouldnt put it down to christianity, the true meaning is lost these days and it is just an excuse to have time off work, get ******, eats loads and have fun

It does bother me to some degree, but not from a religious point of view, being an atheist... well, I'm open to the concept, so I suppose, agnostic. Anyway, the issue I have with it, is the Muslim extremests will go to any length to get their point across. They are completely power mad and seem to want EVERYONE to become Muslims worshipping Allah, completely ignoring that the concept of a God is... well just a theory. This may sound fairly cliche, but it does make the mind wonder just where the country is heading (I know, I know) but if more and more begin to agree, Christmas is 'evil' then there is no telling what could happen. It seems like they have fled a country full of hate and crime in seek of asylum, yet they're trying to enforce their views and change the country in to the same place they have just come from. If Eid does not offend us, and as a community they are allowed to celebrate it, there is absolutely no reason they should get offended.

I was speaking to an English troop who had just returned, and he said it's completely heart breaking to see the way people are allowing the extremists to enforce their views and religion upon everyone, especially since he is fighting for the country, putting his arse on the line day in day out, and when he got home, there seems to be no positive effect from it.

It really is a shame, becuase the majority of Muslims I've met have been sound people, hard working and most of all, kept their religious views to themselves.

Total rubbish, Anjem Choudary and most of Al Muhajirun were born in the UK educated in the UK and have not fled from anywhere. The reason they are here is because Britain came to pre partition India first and then invited people to the UK to work and fill the labour shortage.

You should have told the English troop that the reason he has seen no effect is because it is precisely the bombing and occupation of Iraq Afghanistan and Pakistan that is causing the extremism in the first place. Troops are not in Afghanistan to stop terrorism coming to Britain the occupation only makes it all the more likley. They are there to support the American agenda of having a base on the door step of China, Iran and Russia and controlling the natural resources of the region.

me too, just thought seen as nulaBORE invented the law its a good test to see if it works for other religions too :P

I doubt it in this case. It's obviously designed to be inflamatory and offensive but it's not calling for violence and it doesn't say "Christians are evil" rather "Christmas is evil" so I doubt it's actionable as inciting religious hatred.

It's not illegal to be an offensive loudmouth, or the Duke of Edinburgh would have spent most of the last 40 years in HMP Belmarsh.

It's not illegal to be an offensive loudmouth, or the Duke of Edinburgh would have spent most of the last 40 years in HMP Belmarsh.

i keep trying to explain that to certain others in threads but sadly keep going round in circles, they dont seem to be able to grasp the variances of extremity

Archived