Judge Pickles dead

In fact thinking about it most of us slammed by this man deserved it anyhow. I am leaning now towards this bloke being a bit of a visionary with his no ****** approach to justice.

Again, RIP your Honour ;)

He was a visionary. He was the first person I ever heard who thought legalising cannabis would benefit society as a whole. That must have been twenty years ago. It was on the box, can't remember the programme though..

edit- found a quote by him..

Cannabis never killed anybody and it’s use is widespread. You can’t stop it. The law defeats itself because all the efforts to stop drugs coming in only drives up the prices and then gangsters move in to push the drugs. If they legalised there wouldn’t be gangsters and huge profits…The police are gradually decriminalising the possession of cannabis because they realise there’s not much point prosecuting

The police are gradually decriminalising the possession of cannabis because they realise there’s not much point prosecuting

This is true, if The Met catch people with cannabis they don't even issue a caution, they just confiscate it and treat it as a detected crime. Bumps their stats you see.

I thought he was a no-nonsense kind of person. He wasn't afraid of giving convicted criminals an appropriate sentence for their crime. Sadly some appealed, successfully, against what they saw as harshness, and got time knocked off their "bird".

Many criminals quaked if they knew they were going to appear before "Hanging" Judge Pickles.

I thought he was a no-nonsense kind of person. He wasn't afraid of giving convicted criminals an appropriate sentence for their crime. Sadly some appealed, successfully, against what they saw as harshness, and got time knocked off their "bird".

Many criminals quaked if they knew they were going to appear before "Hanging" Judge Pickles.

Pickles was anti capital punishment.his nickname given to him by criminals was...cant say, it is a family forum.

Archived