Casbah closing down..

snap jiper

This is looking like the last ditch saloon for the Cas.it might not make it until the end of january!if any1 is interested in keeping this piece of sheffield history open then i suggest frequenting it more regular and putting some money through the doors so the amazingly high rent of £3000 a week can be met!or if any1 knows the consortium who now rent out these buildings until there's an upturn in the property market and redevelopment of the area begins again then ask them how they work their figures out!surely a lower rent would be better than no rent at all????

£3000 is nothing for such a big busy place, Bet you dont have a clue about business

£3000 is nothing for such a big busy place, Bet you dont have a clue about business

hmmm,not sure why this has been directed at me when it's thread about casbah but anyway here goes my reply:

not sure if you do either or about the casbah as it is a relatively small capacity club at side of most!

also the rent isn't all that has to be found,there's staff to pay and maintenance of building plus vat council tax etc.

let's keep the thread about it's title instead of personal attacks!

so the amazingly high rent of £3000 a week can be met!or if any1 knows the consortium who now rent out these buildings until there's an upturn in the property market and redevelopment of the area begins again then ask them how they work their figures out!surely a lower rent would be better than no rent at all????

They must be mad! Some of the properties around there are renting for £1 a week! I had one only 50 yards from it!

Since when has the Casbah been a part of Sheffield history?? If you mean the Wap then yeah but come on, I was going in the Wap when I was still a teenager and I was a late-comer...... Now I'm approaching near to a half century and still remember the Wap with a very fond memory.

Since when has the Casbah been a part of Sheffield history?? If you mean the Wap then yeah but come on, I was going in the Wap when I was still a teenager and I was a late-comer...... Now I'm approaching near to a half century and still remember the Wap with a very fond memory.

the casbah is still the same place and still the same layout almost tho, so essentially is still the same place

Archived