Casbah closing down..

snap jiper

Well, I think it'll be a sad day if it closes.

indeed it means one less place for the music fans of sheffield to see bands :(

specially bands that are bigger than pub gigs but NOT big enough or known enough "cool enough" for the city hall, arena

Just to clarify folks....

The Casbah isn't going anywhere, anytime soon!

I've worked there over 2 years now and yes, there have been a couple of times where we've been a little on edge but we're going to be there for a long time yet!

Casbah is a good night out, it's very rare that theres any trouble in there nowadays, we've gt a lot of awesome regulars who we hope to keep seeing for many years to come!

ROCK THE CASBAH!

Im afraid most of the live music/rock pubs and clubs in Sheffield always seem to be dingy unclean places that either serve terrible beer or over charge for it. Just because I like rock music, doesn't mean the venue has to be like a tomb complete with dust and cobwebs. Three examples of live music pubs which are nice are West Street Live (always busy, bright place which is kept clean), The Red Dear (more folky music, but the pub recently had a good lick of paint and the woodwork polished back up after the previous landlord couldn't be assed, really nice coal fire to sit beside whilst listening to the talented musicians), Bath Hotel (another pub, still has most of its original fittings, or at least in keeping. The landlord Brian takes great pride in keeping his pub clean and serving excellent ale. Almost every Sunday night he has small bands on).

So to the larger venues wanting to attract customers: clean your act up, or should I say your premises.

Im afraid most of the live music/rock pubs and clubs in Sheffield always seem to be dingy unclean places that either serve terrible beer or over charge for it. Just because I like rock music, doesn't mean the venue has to be like a tomb complete with dust and cobwebs. Three examples of live music pubs which are nice are West Street Live (always busy, bright place which is kept clean), The Red Dear (more folky music, but the pub recently had a good lick of paint and the woodwork polished back up after the previous landlord couldn't be assed, really nice coal fire to sit beside whilst listening to the talented musicians), Bath Hotel (another pub, still has most of its original fittings, or at least in keeping. The landlord Brian takes great pride in keeping his pub clean and serving excellent ale. Almost every Sunday night he has small bands on).

So to the larger venues wanting to attract customers: clean your act up, or should I say your premises.

The previous "landlord" was a woman - who also happens to be a forum member.

It wasnt that she couldnt be bothered, but the pubco wouldnt allow her money for improvements etc (she even had to pay for the cleaning materials herself)

And I guarantee, the pub was cleaned EVERY SINGLE morning..

The previous "landlord" was a woman - who also happens to be a forum member.

It wasnt that she couldnt be bothered, but the pubco wouldnt allow her money for improvements etc (she even had to pay for the cleaning materials herself)

And I guarantee, the pub was cleaned EVERY SINGLE morning..

Muz, the Red Dear is a commercial venue which is open to critisium from any patron who has experienced it. The current Red Dear is excellent, I really enjoyed it. But under the former management, my experence was no where near. That is my opinion as a customer. In general, most rock places are a lot to be desired. Just look at the old Ciro Jacks, was an ok venue until the Corp got their hands on it and painted everything black.

Muz, the Red Dear is a commercial venue which is open to critisium from any patron who has experienced it. The current Red Dear is excellent, I really enjoyed it. But under the former management, my experence was no where near. That is my opinion as a customer. In general, most rock places are a lot to be desired. Just look at the old Ciro Jacks, was an ok venue until the Corp got their hands on it and painted everything black.

Never said that you are not allowed an opinion, of course you are - I just pointed out that the pub was cleaned everyday, and the lack of improvements was actually down to the pubco and not the landlady at the time...

And yes, I do agree that some rock venues could do with a good clean (especially the floors and the bogs :gag:)

Archived