Casbah closing down..

snap jiper

I spoke to the guy who runs the place about a month ago. He says that, whilst they had their 'tight' moments, they shouldn't need to close down from finances. He did say that the redevelopment order *will* force their closure though, but that could be literally any time ranging from weeks to years - it all depends on when redevelopment re-starts at the bottom of The Moor and when they need to move out.

The redevelopment of The Moor has got nothing to do with the redevelopment of where the Casbah is.

Muz, the Red Dear is a commercial venue which is open to critisium from any patron who has experienced it. The current Red Dear is excellent, I really enjoyed it. But under the former management, my experence was no where near. That is my opinion as a customer. In general, most rock places are a lot to be desired. Just look at the old Ciro Jacks, was an ok venue until the Corp got their hands on it and painted everything black.

I agree with you about the state of a lot of rock venues why do they have to be left to get dirty and shabby, mind you most of the venues in Sheffield are like palaces compared with some of the holes I have been in in London!!

My advice to the Casbah if they want to get more custom is put the heating on for god sake!! I know its getting warmer now but I know a lot of people who stopped going in over the winter as it was absolutely freezing and its the last thing you want on a night out, to be stood shivering in a venue!!

I agree with you about the state of a lot of rock venues why do they have to be left to get dirty and shabby, mind you most of the venues in Sheffield are like palaces compared with some of the holes I have been in in London!!

My advice to the Casbah if they want to get more custom is put the heating on for god sake!! I know its getting warmer now but I know a lot of people who stopped going in over the winter as it was absolutely freezing and its the last thing you want on a night out, to be stood shivering in a venue!!

I remember the good old days at the Casbah! Donkeys Nuts freezing OUTSIDE, (snow, ice, blizzards) but INSIDE, packed to the rafters!!! Rockers, mods, punks ,dentists ,solictors, off duty coppers etc... begging for an Ice cold Fosters, Red Stripe, Coors, anything to keep them rocking in the sauna....:D

Even the walls were sweating, fantastic times :hihi::hihi:

casbar went to sh** when me and my wife finished we lost the bar because of redevelompment but now no problem we live the big life in thailand hua hin .. rock on

Hey Muff!

Long time no speak, so glad to hear you and the lady are over there (slightly jealous too!!!) your daughter is there too i've heard ? amazing for you guys. I think everyone knows that it went **** as soon as you guys left, you were the casbah. Happy to know things are going your way having fun in the sun and the people who have ruined a perfectly good club are finally getting it taken off them. Best wishes mate

• 3 weeks later...
Had a bloody awesome night in the Casbah on Saturday night for my birthday. The DJ downstairs played nonstop classics for hours on end and has us dancing the entire time. \\m// ( (><) ) \\m//

4 of us had a great night saturday too,looking forward to Friday for the rebels/wap/roxy rock nite reunion too :)

Archived