Should prisoners be given a nice christmas day?

Turkey dinner and gifts from the family is fine. Though I would like to see it being "paid for" by prisoners being Christmas elves for a month or so beforehand making toys to be distributed to childrens homes and hospitals. I certainly don't think they should be getting "gifts from society" but I don't think they should be denied a turkey dinner once a year. They go to prison as a punishment not for punishment...

They should go without dinner, coal in their shoes and early to bed!

Especially if they've committed crime knowing full well they'll be locked up and leaving spouses and children behind to look after themselves... I feel sorry for the children!

Oooh, they could be put in public stocks and we could throw frozen sprouts at 'em!

I bet the main reason is rejection. They have been rejected by those who should have been there for them and they have turned to crime as a result.

I think a little turkey time for those lost souls of society is perfectly reasonable.

Entirely wrong! Some people are just born bad.

I feel right sorry for people in prison over christmas. Nothing to really look forward to. It would be nice if they had something to open on christmas day, a nice dinner, plenty of wine and beer, a DVD of their choice and a big festive party in the evening. Then a bacon sandwich on boxing day morning.

It's not much to ask for one day of the year is it? We at least owe that much to them because we, society, creates criminals.

Proof that society creates criminals

your right on there mate ,not enough empathy in the world .might be a good Idea if you invited a psychopathic cannibal back to your place and let him carve the turkey on christmas day:)

They're already paying the price for their crimes by losing their liberty, I do not see what harm giving them a Christmas dinner would do or allowing them to put on a Christmas panto, or from the other angle, what good it would do by depriving them of such things whilst in prison over Christmas.

It doesn't provide evidence of that, no, but the truth still stands.

Technically I agree, but it still doesn't condone the fact! As i've been told for many reasons, you have the choice!

Many architectural discussions have 'proved' that you can't have cities without a red light district forming.

Communist states always fail because it requires a hierarchial structure to operate which is obviously contrary to the ethos, hence we are all equal yet some are more equal than others!

However in reality, of all the people I know who have been to prison have deserved to!

If your not willing to do the time then don't do the crime! :loopy:

Turkey dinner and gifts from the family is fine. Though I would like to see it being "paid for" by prisoners being Christmas elves for a month or so beforehand making toys to be distributed to childrens homes and hospitals. I certainly don't think they should be getting "gifts from society" but I don't think they should be denied a turkey dinner once a year. They go to prison as a punishment not for punishment...

err yea right :huh:so long as they know they've been naughty

Archived