Should prisoners be given a nice christmas day?

With respect, that's a stupid question - I'd feel crap, who wouldn't, but I'm pretty damn sure I'd not be worrying about what my taxes were being spent on.

How is that a stupid question!

I'm pretty positive that it would cross your mind!

And with respect, I dont think its a stupid question at all...its a question based on this whole discussion thread...

So I rest my case, you'd feel crap about it...

And I agree that one would have more important things on their mind, rather than worrying what their child killer is having for xmas dinner and whos paying for it....but sort of sticking the knife in a twisting it no? Even if you wouldnt launch a one man campaign against it, Id like to think you would at least quietly agree to yourself that its not right...if it was you

And thats my point...

Would it make you feel better knowing that prisoners treated decently makes them less likely to re-offend?

Who knows, the prisoner could be released and lead a virtuous life, possibly even save the Nation's Sweetheart Cheryl Cole from deranged terrorists?

Because unlike you I don't get all upset about individuality. The question was "Should prisoners (plural) be given a nice christmas day"? The opposite would be would I wish them a BAD Christmas:

The opposite is not should they be given a bad Christmas but that no special treatment should apply on Christams day.

Would it make you feel better knowing that prisoners treated decently makes them less likely to re-offend?

Who knows, the prisoner could be released and lead a virtuous life, possibly even save the Nation's Sweetheart Cheryl Cole from deranged terrorists?

There is being treated decently and then going above and beyond. Why make prison a nice place to be, that's no deterrent. We should NOT spend what little money we have on rewarding the crime which costs us so much!

Now that is a stupid comment! Yes, anything is possible, but statistics show that criminal re-offend!

Does that mean giving them drugs and booze?

Just look what's happened during the last couple of days at the open prison where drugs and booze are freely available.

Prisoners and druggies must love you.:loopy:

Not at all, if they had murdered my kid I'd like to think they would never get out to prove that theory right or wrong....

I feel right sorry for people in prison over christmas. Nothing to really look forward to. It would be nice if they had something to open on christmas day, a nice dinner, plenty of wine and beer, a DVD of their choice and a big festive party in the evening. Then a bacon sandwich on boxing day morning.

It's not much to ask for one day of the year is it? We at least owe that much to them because we, society, creates criminals.

Proof that society creates criminals

I know of someone who admitted 30 odd counts of sexual incidents with a girl from the age of 12. He lived with the family as he was working in the family business and they had room for him to stay and this was a huge breach of trust.

This girl has tried to commit suicide and still has to have counselling.

Why should he not suffer during his time in prison? Why does he deserve a christmas as we know it. He is there for punishment. Everyone in prison is .... it's a punishment, there should be no rewards.

I feel right sorry for people in prison over christmas. Nothing to really look forward to. It would be nice if they had something to open on christmas day, a nice dinner, plenty of wine and beer, a DVD of their choice and a big festive party in the evening. Then a bacon sandwich on boxing day morning.

It's not much to ask for one day of the year is it? We at least owe that much to them because we, society, creates criminals.

Proof that society creates criminals

I feel sorry for the people they abuse assult and steal from, You are a fool. Prison is to easy already, thats why crims don't mind goin back.

Archived