Should prisoners be given a nice christmas day?

They did the crime - they do the time - they get bbem. payed for the work they do . tv

they get a lot more than some folk who are actually decent humans who commit no crimes. and i feel sure that the cook on the day will have done a xmas dinner.

If prison was tuff maybe crooks wouldnt reoffend! (well thats my spout for the day)

Originally Posted by epiphany

I feel right sorry for people in prison over christmas. Nothing to really look forward to. It would be nice if they had something to open on christmas day, a nice dinner, plenty of wine and beer, a DVD of their choice and a big festive party in the evening. Then a bacon sandwich on boxing day morning.

It's not much to ask for one day of the year is it? We at least owe that much to them because we, society, creates criminals.Proof that society creates criminals

I'd like to know from you how I as a member of society have personaly created a criminal.

This question is directed at epiphany and not at the 'Richard Heads'

Have you?

i can tell you that security is crap in them!

I've been locked up twice, worked with locked up people for a number of years and read extensively abbout the experiences of locked up people, so I suspect I might have a bit more experience than you.

I'd like to know from you how I as a member of society have personaly created a criminal.

This question is directed at epiphany and not at the 'Richard Heads'

How have you, as a member of society, done something to help prevent a person from becoming a criminal?

If you've done something that's helped to reduce inequality, poverty, abuse, drug abuse or corruption in society then congratulations you are one of the few.

If you've done nothing, if you've simply relied on others to deal with these issues, then you are partly responsible for criminal actions.

How have you, as a member of society, done something to help prevent a person from becoming a criminal?

If you've done something that's helped to reduce inequality, poverty, abuse, drug abuse or corruption in society then congratulations you are one of the few.

If you've done nothing, if you've simply relied on others to deal with these issues, then you are partly responsible for criminal actions.

Oh God you've gone and done it now. We're probably going to get Cyprus all over again.

I've been locked up twice, worked with locked up people for a number of years and read extensively abbout the experirnces of locked up people, so I suspect I might have a bit more experience than you.

Don't be too sure ;)

Much of the way we shape our lives depend on freedom of choice. In the UK free education is provided to be used to advantage or to be neglected. The abuse of drugs and acohol is a freedom of choice. Some of us are born with less wordly goods than others but that doesn't mean that we go out and steal the other guy's goods. Every woman and child has the right to be left alone from unwelcome attentions and bodily assault just as everyone has the right to walk in safety in public places and not have his wallet or her purses stolen by some loser who thinks that he can make a little extra money on top of what the social welfare state already pay him

Criminals may have been to some extent the result of societal injustices in centuries past but in this modern day and age and in the kind of societies we in the west live in this kind of claim is laughable.

Archived