Should prisoners be given a nice christmas day?

Absolutely not. I've spent a bit of time in various prisons, as a guest fortunately, and I speak from experience that they have far too comfortable as it is without having a cushty crhistmas day with turkey and xmas pud.

Perhaps when they are sat there on their own they may consider the reasons they are their carefully.

Although I know that won't happen as they'll be too busy playing pool or playstation or watching dvds in their cells with their mates.

I don't think they should be given a nice Xmas day, but I do not think it should be any worse.

That's what most sensible level headed people feel.

What? That it shouldn't be any worse than it already is? We're in agreement for once....or secretly do you want it to be worse? C'mon make your mind up bassy.

BTW...you are an animal, just not the brightest animal in the deck.

The "silly coloured print" was there to make it easier to understand because a certain user doesn't know how to quote posts. Why not comment on the post instead of the colour?. Instead of your pathetic hate contributions why don't you also address some of the other points too.

It has already been said and answered by the more level headed members who believe quite correctly that prison is a punishment and quite frankly in many cases sentences are far too short.

Prisoners should be made to work hard to pay for their keep whilst incarcerated.

So what is or who are society.

A collection of individuals bound by some semblance of common purpose.

The collective determination of society leads to the creation of laws, therefore society, technically, creates criminals.

And to epiphany, there is no link in the OP. You have just underlined a sentence which is in blue. There is no link option available.

How do they deserve all the Christmas luxuries we get? They are in there for a reason and that's to be kept out of society for whatever crime they've commited. They already get more luxuries than most of us law-abiding citizens. I can honestly say I've never done anything against the law and I still get less than those in prison. I have to save up for an Xbox, or a PS3, and even clothes.

As long as they can show "good behaviour" (which they obviously can't, otherwise they wouldn't be in there), they get it for free. I have to buy the things I'd like, they get them given as "necessities".

Even in the OPEN prison on New Year's Eve/Day, just look what happened.

They are there, not to be rehabilitated, but to be punished.

Epiphany, if you can send me a proper working link to show how society causes criminals, then I will retract all statements I have made.

However, it doesn't. I know people who haven't had the right background, drunken/abusive parents, lack of money, no education, no future. But instead of turning to crime, they are trying to better their lives, not worsen everyone elses.

The way you misconstrue things makes you identical to the political gestapo of the communist bloc police states including China.

Say one thing and it's twisted and misconstrued/misquoted to something else.

But let's face it's so typical of your contributions.

Good candidate for hyperbole of the month here...

halibut:- or perhaps the new "godwin"?

A collection of individuals bound by some semblance of common purpose.

The collective determination of society leads to the creation of laws, therefore society, technically, creates criminals.

That is as silly as saying that because a car will go faster than the speed limit the manufacturer is as guilty as a driver convicted for driving above the legal speed limit.

Archived