Should prisoners be given a nice christmas day?

I suspect that in most prisons, Christmas day was treated rather like a routine Sunday.

Prison manning was at minimum level, to allow as many staff as possible to spend time with their friends and families.

Prisoners were not required to work.

Prisoners were left in peace in their cells.

I totally agree, I would rather a prisoner be happy while behind bars.

When I say I don't care what happens I was talking to the people that seem to think that it is a bad thing that prisoners are given the odd perk while serving their time. I would rather see tham turn their life around while behind bars than suffer years of bad treatment, then set free.

But nobodys talking about bad treatment, they go to prison as a punishment and the punishment is having their liberty and the perks that go with it taken away.

I suspect that in most prisons, Christmas day was treated rather like a routine Sunday.

Prison manning was at minimum level, to allow as many staff as possible to spend time with their friends and families.

Prisoners were not required to work.

Prisoners were left in peace in their cells.

And that's about all that should be different

Archived