Should prisoners be given a nice christmas day?

Then I'd suggest you refrain from posting them on public talkboards.

It is possible to express an opinion without having to go into painful personal details of why that opinion is formed.

I know why that opinion was formed, I've been there through the devastation left by the creature that caused the opinion and I've helped pick up the pieces afterwards.

Some people are bad, plain and simple and they are undeserving of any sympathy or kindness as they will use it as a weapon against you if you try.

My view, if he does get christmas dinner, I hope he chokes on it.

A person that wears his prison sentence as a badge of honour is not a person that is being rehabilitated, it's an evil man that should be made to see that his crimes have a consequence other than making him look tough to his criminal friends.

But humans are animals. The difference is when a human murders another human they tend not to consume them.

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

Last I checked, Turkeys were not recognised as sentient creatures protected by law, otherwise Bernard Matthews would be reviled as the worlds greatest mass murderer.

We, as the population of the country, have to live here. To do be able to build a functioning society we need a set of rules to live by otherwise it is anarchy = strongest man/gang has everything.

Why is the strongest man/gang has everything scenario wrong?

Last I checked, Turkeys were not recognised as sentient creatures protected by law, otherwise Bernard Matthews would be reviled as the worlds greatest mass murderer.

Well that's certainly how I'll remember him.

Proof that turkeys are not sentient creatures, regardless of whether the law recognises them as such?

Why is the strongest man/gang has everything scenario wrong?

It's known as the feudal system.

Basically once any group within a feudal system wants something more they will need an army or police force to protect the workers, and to gain any real advantage you need to evolve further so that the security cost doesn't outweigh the advantages.

So when you have an idiot who reckons that the country / world would be better without police and prisons, ask them who'd protect their family and friends whilst their off partying. All they can come at you with is a self defeating argument or else the conversation turns puerile and pointless! (Which will make you think this is one you'd want protecting from!)

It's known as the feudal system.

Basically once any group within a feudal system wants something more they will need an army or police force to protect the workers, and to gain any real advantage you need to evolve further so that the security cost doesn't outweigh the advantages.

So when you have an idiot who reckons that the country / world would be better without police and prisons, ask them who'd protect their family and friends whilst their off partying. All they can come at you with is a self defeating argument or else the conversation turns puerile and pointless! (Which will make you think this is one you'd want protecting from!)

a) That has to be the most bizarre explanation of the feudal system I've ever read.

b) I don't think the world would be better without prisons, I just think prisoners should have a nice christmas day.

Archived