Should prisoners be given a nice christmas day?

Why is society the determiner of what is right and wrong?

Society isn't and doesn't determine right and wrong, that is a matter of conscience.

A democratic society is however the only place that can determine laws that define criminality.

We would hope those laws are correct and moral. Where they are not then defying them may be a moral option.

No, turkeys don't get put in prison.

Spooky's question is odd, and so is your answer.

I suppose in that respect it is answered in kind.

As to what is going on or being communicated however has lost me :huh:

Should I be drinking more to gain an understanding?

I disagree whole heartedly (sp?). I know people in prison and the reasons why they are there!

Prison is a punishment whether it is Christmas or not they should continue to be treated as prisoners.

I have little or no sympathy for many of them.

agree with you there mate. prison is too soft, its more like a holiday camp than a prison

Ask some of the people who were the victims,drink drivers,burglars,ect ect ect,why should they have the luxuries many families work hard for?? the ones who strive to bring their children up correctly and the people who find it hard to buy for christmas and provide a few luxuries yeah lets treat all the people in prison to a gift and slap up meal,take em shopping,give em drink and cigarettes lets make them feel good for their crimes

Archived