Vince Cable Is Furious

I refer you to the quote in the last paragraph, seeing as you took the time to hunt the article down....

I think my Lib Dem colleagues showed real maturity in accepting the hand that was offered to travel together down what we all knew would be a bumpy, even dangerous road.

And it has worked. Day in, day out, the two parties are working in harmony, delivering the contents of the Coalition Agreement, putting the economy back on track, investing judiciously for the future.

('Of course, we have different views on some matters, but actually that always happens in government'). Even a one-party government is a coalition of its different views.

At my department – transport – relations between Ministers are good. Any differences are discussed amicably. It helps that, in my view, we have a highly competent Secretary of State and a good ministerial team.

The Coalition will survive. I just hope the same can be said for the historic relationship between an MP and his constituents.

‘This was an attempt to destroy the Coalition’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1341606/Nick-Cleggs-rallying-senior-Lib-Dems-Treat-Tories-friends-foes.html#ixzz19KCGdQhu

Archived