Any one for Tennis?

I haven't played tennis for years and even then I only used to knock about with the kids but I really enjoyed it. I would like to knock a ball about again. When I was a kid I used the coalhouse wall but there doesn't seem to be any convenient walls about these days. I am wondering about trying a squash court . Does anyone know what it costs to use one? Any advice gratefully received.

a word of advice snowbird!--squash is a fast and furious game that requires a high standard of fitness!--i played at league level some years ago and if youre not supremely fit you could be in trouble!--you were actually recommended to go to your doctors for a complete check up before you took the sport up!--dont no if thats still the case now!

i would stick to tennis.--ive heard there are still some courts in hillsborough park.---if you still fancy squash try concord sports centre at shiregreen --used to be quite reasonably priced for courts.

You can play tennis and squash at goodwin leisure centre, northumberland road, s10. 6 quid for an hours squash, 4 quid for a tennis court (outside but floodlit). you can play racketball (I think that's what it's called...) too, which is a cross between squash and tennis - larger ball and racket than squash, but played in a squash court. you're right about the walls....where have they all gone!?

Originally posted by mikeyspikey

a word of advice snowbird!--squash is a fast and furious game that requires a high standard of fitness!--i played at league level some years ago and if youre not supremely fit you could be in trouble!--you were actually recommended to go to your doctors for a complete check up before you took the sport up!--dont no if thats still the case now!

i would stick to tennis.--ive heard there are still some courts in hillsborough park.---if you still fancy squash try concord sports centre at shiregreen --used to be quite reasonably priced for courts.

I only thought about a squash court because it had walls I could hit a ball against. It seemed to solve my problem of not having a person to hit the ball to. I realise I couldn't hope to play against someone . I haven't played tennis for years so need to take things slowly to start with. Is there any problem with one person using a squash court do you think?

Originally posted by DaBouncer

I'm up for tennis whenever you fancy a game mate.

I play at Graves Tennis and Leisure centre (cos it's closest) but I'm not up to any high standard.

However am happy to play :D

Thanks for the offer but if you have played at all in the last 10 years you are too good for me!

Archived