Mastiff kills woman

Shanes Teeth- I didn't suggest google it was someone else, Everything in life involves a "risk" of some kind, But its everyone's own personal choice on what breed of dog they want, I personally own "big dogs" because i like them, I love cuddling them and I'm afraid the world we live in now where you cant leave anything even if its screwed down a big dog is a good deterrent for burglars, My dogs are soft and well trained but if someone broke in they would attack because they would protect me and my home, I feel there safer than an alarm, Burglar alarms always go off and people sit in there house moaning about the noise, Not many would think to investigate and check everything is ok, At least with my dogs I'm safe, My property has signs up warning intruders about my dogs so if there stupid enough to break in they will get bitten...... Then there can be a story in the paper, Just to confirm he weighs 71kg and has rice crispies for breakfast lol

I look at a rottie as a loaded weapon. In the right hands its fine but in the wrong hands its deadly.

I dont want it to be a member of my family who is ripped apart by one of these animals. They are a danger and need banning. Sure the scummers will have once again ruined it for all the perfcet dog owners but i dont care. To me it just means my family is that little bit safer.

Cars are deadly in the wrong hands too, but instead of banning them, we regulate who can drive one - and take away that privilege if they are irresponsible.

Wouldn't it be better to regulate who can and cannot have a large dog, to prevent those 'scummers' from ruining it for everybody? Just have a simple license scheme, revokable by the Police or RSPCA, which requires people to satisfy a few simple conditions to own large breeds, such as:

Compulsory chipping and insurance

No recent criminal record for violent or drug related offences

Minimum requirements for house size

Minimum requirements for garden size or proximity to suitable exercise land

Owners would have to pay for a license and agree to follow those conditions - which would be subject to check by Police or RSPCA in the case of a complaint, and if they hadn't followed the rules, they lose their status dog. That would rule out most of the scummers, and have no effect on caring dog owners.

Or should we just ban everything?

Cars are deadly in the wrong hands too, but instead of banning them, we regulate who can drive one - and take away that privilege if they are irresponsible.

Wouldn't it be better to regulate who can and cannot have a large dog, to prevent those 'scummers' from ruining it for everybody? Just have a simple license scheme, revokable by the Police or RSPCA, which requires people to satisfy a few simple conditions to own large breeds, such as:

Compulsory chipping and insurance

No recent criminal record for violent or drug related offences

Minimum requirements for house size

Minimum requirements for garden size or proximity to suitable exercise land

Owners would have to pay for a license and agree to follow those conditions - which would be subject to check by Police or RSPCA in the case of a complaint, and if they hadn't followed the rules, they lose their status dog. That would rule out most of the scummers, and have no effect on caring dog owners.

Or should we just ban everything?

Thats a very good idea.

But totaly unworkable in the real world. It would just be another cashcow for the government to milk and the scummers would slip under the radar.

Only decent dog owners like myself would suffer.

And as for involving the rspca, well all i can say is :gag:

They are useless.

again another chavvi family dog thays most likely been beaten all its life turns suprise suprise . its the owners fault not the dogs, I hate stealth taxes but bring in a licnece system would stop a lot of this happening

Why would a license work?

Ill give you a clue, it wont.

Archived