Merry Christmas

Thanks but that's Yule. I'm talking about solstice celebrations.:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solstice#Solstice_celebrations

Yes I'm afraid I did.:(

Winter solstice

The 2010 winter solstice (summer solstice in the southern hemisphere) occurred on December 21, at 23:38 UTC.

There were threads on the subject here in "Discussions", probably titled Yule!

P.S. Read your reference, it mentions Yule.

Yule

Also called Yuletide, Yulefest, Yules, Jul, Juletid, Julfest, Jül, Jól, Joul, Joulu, Jõulud, Joelfeest, Géol, Feailley Geul, Midwinter, The Winter Solstice

Winter solstice

There were threads on the subject here in "Discussions", probably titled Yule!

P.S. Read your reference, it mentions Yule.

Yule

Yes.....I know all that.

I'm specifically talking about the solstice celebrations within the dates mentioned here;

"The term solstice can also be used in a wider sense, as the date (day) that such a passage happens. The solstices, together with the equinoxes, are connected with the seasons. In some languages they are considered to start or separate the seasons; in others they are considered to be center points (in England, in the Northern hemisphere, for example, the period around the June solstice is known as midsummer, and Midsummer's Day is 24 June, about three days after the solstice itself). Similarly 25 December is the start of the Christmas celebration, and is the day the Sun begins to return to the northern hemisphere."

Basically meaning that the solstice celebrations continue till the 25th of December which is the first time that ancient civilisations in the northern hemisphere could see the sun begin to get higher in the sky.:)

Yes.....I know all that.

Sorry, i've always followed the specific dates of the solstice's, being the son of a sailor and all that. All the celebrations, festivals, raves, etc, were always on the correct solstice dates as well, I know, I organised some of them...

Any which way, best wishes... Have fun!

Archived