Ricky Starr V Les Kellett

xenia

Does anyone remember when the american ballet dancer turned wrestler Ricky Starr fought Les kellett under Billy Smarts circus tent on Woodbourn Road Rec. It would have been about 1960. The ropes broke whilst the wrestlers were bouncing on them and Kellett suffered a bad head injury.

Any details would be welcome.

Merry Christmas Xnia. To be honest I dont remember that particular bout but I did see Les Kellet and Ricky Starr at the Capitol Lane Top at a promotion there, so I guess they met each other a lot around that time.

That day at the Capitol Bobby Graham was fighting Mike Marino. Marino, possibly accidently, knocked out Booby's false front tooth and Bobby went ape s*** and went after Mike with a stool. I spoke to Bobby afterwards, I knew him a bit, and he swore it wasn't moody. He was quite sensitive about that tooth.

As you know Bobby and Les Kellet worked together a lot in later years.

Does anyone remember when the american ballet dancer turned wrestler Ricky Starr fought Les kellett under Billy Smarts circus tent on Woodbourn Road Rec. It would have been about 1960. The ropes broke whilst the wrestlers were bouncing on them and Kellett suffered a bad head injury.

Any details would be welcome.

I was there that night Xenia. Also on the bill was Mick McManus, Jackie Pallo and possibly Billy Two Rivers.

Archived