Working christmas day for single time bah humbugs

some of our engineers at my firm are working or should i say are being made to work christmas day for simgle time and are having to do a full shift , also im working new years day for single pay aswell , has britain gone back a step to the caveman era?

we should be able to refuse to work on a christmas holiday if were christians , :rant:

us engineers have to work because the far land people have decided to come in and work they dont celibrate chrismas , this is never right:mad::mad::mad:

I guess it depends on what it says in your contract, do you get paid annual hours / equalized pay ? if so your holiday pay is built in your monthly pay.

still its a shame that people lose these special days, but now with sunday trading and the like these are the only extra days for firms to gain extra income.

I work Christmas and other bank holidays about 50% of the time. It's the luck of the draw and this year it looks like I get both Christmas and New Year off. :thumbsup:

I don't get paid any extra for working during bank holidays or weekends, it's just part of the job. My workplace operates 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.

I'll be thinking about ya - i've got to work tomorrow to perform a specific task. 4 hours pay minimum at triple time. If I'm lucky, I'll have it done in 20 mins ..... ;):D

and if your boss reads this and docks your wages accordingly whos fault will that be :hihi:

Archived