What will you do on Christmas day?

One year me and my oh spent a selfish day together. We didnt see any family and just spent the day watching tv, doing the kamra sutra, drinking and then finished matters with an Indian Takeway. Not traditional and not what we had done before nor probably will ever do again but it sticks out to me as a great day because it was so different and fun, it almost felt naughty. Like drinking in town on a school night

Bumped in to all my old neighbours from Meersbrook who were also out at Stanage Pole. It was like old times.

Also saw some current neighbours.Stunning scenery, a good walk and then came back to a dinner that was, by then practically cooked.

Really enjoyed it after working up an appetite.

Dogs now zonked out after they wore themselves out and had a little treat of left over turkey.

• 9 months later...

Has anyone been to a branch of the OldEnglish Inns for christmas? (e.g. Red Lion at Todwick is probably our nearest)

I've just got back from a stay at one of them- and they are doing a package for £99 for 2 nights- christmas eve and christmas day- christmas eve meal, breakfast christmas morning, christmas dinner, buffet christmas night,and boxing day breakfast.

It sounds like a really good price

Last year me and my partner spent christmas together (alone) as we couldnt decide which family we should go to, and I want to do the same again this year.

Can anyone recommend it?