Hitler's policies workable in Britain?

What drivel firstly H&S inspections are in decline, secondly H&S as far as i remember was not one of the roles of the Nazi stormtroopers or the SS

What about the TUV? They're probably the oldest H&S organisation in the world and still survive to this day.

There were many in the resistance movement, others left (seeking asylum), others became part of the movement, but as has been proved time and time again in psychological experiments (the actual name evades me at the moment) people will.

succumbed

yield

Oh, Milgram experiment.

Just think what it means if you apply your method of calling "everyone" cowards to other extreme situations?

i agree with EVERYTHING you said. and i salute all that joined the resistance, feel for those exiled, weep for those caught and killed as traitors, but those that simply joined the party and went with something they knew was wrong were cowards. i know it's easier said from the comfort of one's home and it's a whole nother game when you know your family might be killed if you speak up. but the whole 'evil triumphs when good men do nothing' thing still stands.i still think that cowrie is an apt description for those who go with the flow even when they know it's wrong. what would you call it?

ps-i do not call everyone a coward, spooky.

Perhaps you didn't get a grasp of the OP,

"In view of how Britain has changed over the last few decades are there any of Hitler's policies that we would now embrace."

A humbled and divided West Germany reverted to its roots. It became a pivotal pillar of the West - a member of the European Economic Community (later renamed the European Union) and of NATO. Hitler's fervent wish and vision - a Europe united around Germany against the Red Menace - was achieved posthumously.

Seems like we embraced his policies

Well actually no that's nonsense, sure we did have a united europe against Russia. But that was what all the europeans wanted before the war, not just Hitler. Having a united europe against the red menace was a no brainer and wasn't just Hitlers idea. To portray him as some kind of puppet master is ludicrous. He was an ambitious opportunist, but no genius.

We didn't embrace any of his policies, we already had a policy of going against the russians, the only reason we ever allied with them in the first place was to go against Germany, we were always going to go back against that.

Saying that the EU was Hitler's wish and vision is completely retarded, you ain't fooling anyone, I see your mind.

Your pathetic attempt at revisionism would probably be funny if it wasn't the nazis.

i agree with EVERYTHING you said. and i salute all that joined the resistance, feel for those exiled, weep for those caught and killed as traitors, but those that simply joined the party and went with something they knew was wrong were cowards. i know it's easier said from the comfort of one's home and it's a whole nother game when you know your family might be killed if you speak up. but the whole 'evil triumphs when good men do nothing' thing still stands.i still think that cowrie is an apt description for those who go with the flow even when they know it's wrong. what would you call it?

ps-i do not call everyone a coward, spooky.

Would you say the atrocities in Zimbabwe, Sudan, Rwanda, people in the Taliban, etc... are committed by many cowards too, because I bet many who did it would have preferred not too!

As I said, when on a national scale, look at the Milgram experiment, it's even been used in courts of law!

In my opinion it's not as simple as their all cowards, like you say!

Would you say the atrocities in Zimbabwe, Sudan, Rwanda, people in the Taliban, etc... are committed by many cowards too, because I bet many who did it would have preferred not too!

As I said, when on a national scale, look at the Milgram experiment, it's even been used in courts of law!

In my opinion it's not as simple as their all cowards, like you say!

read what i wrote spooky, i didn't say they were ALL cowards. the ones i'm saying have to be called cowards are those who know something is wrong and yet instead of speaking up, or even fleeing, they join in to commit the atrocities. what would you call them? like i also said, it's complex if your family is put in danger etc. but cowardice as i described, i think, still stands.

i can speak with any authority about the Rwanda, Sudan situation. all i know is what was in the media. the Zimbabwe situation though. i think it'd be hyperbole to say atrocities in the league of Rwanda were committed. but most of the people that did the killing and burning were young men most of whom weren't even born during the war yet they all said they were war vets. they didn't believe in the resettlement scheme as it stood yet they did it anyway. cowards.

as for the experiment you're talking about, it doesn't apply to what i mean with cowards.

Well actually no that's nonsense, sure we did have a united europe against Russia. But that was what all the europeans wanted before the war, not just Hitler. Having a united europe against the red menace was a no brainer and wasn't just Hitlers idea. To portray him as some kind of puppet master is ludicrous. He was an ambitious opportunist, but no genius.

We didn't embrace any of his policies, we already had a policy of going against the russians, the only reason we ever allied with them in the first place was to go against Germany, we were always going to go back against that.

Saying that the EU was Hitler's wish and vision is completely retarded, you ain't fooling anyone, I see your mind.

Your pathetic attempt at revisionism would probably be funny if it wasn't the nazis.

I'm not portraying hitler as anything, it seems you are, and I can smile at your ravings.

I should give up on the mindreading if I were you, you're not very good at it.

His excuse for making the argument Sam Vakunin, is not really a credible source his PhD comes from a "diploma mill" and not an accreditted university at all.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/vaknin.asp

read what i wrote spooky, i didn't say they were ALL cowards. the ones i'm saying have to be called cowards are those who know something is wrong and yet instead of speaking up, or even fleeing, they join in to commit the atrocities. what would you call them? like i also said, it's complex if your family is put in danger etc. but cowardice as i described, i think, still stands.

i can speak with any authority about the Rwanda, Sudan situation. all i know is what was in the media. the Zimbabwe situation though. i think it'd be hyperbole to say atrocities in the league of Rwanda were committed. but most of the people that did the killing and burning were young men most of whom weren't even born during the war yet they all said they were war vets. they didn't believe in the resettlement scheme as it stood yet they did it anyway. cowards.

as for the experiment you're talking about, it doesn't apply to what i mean with cowards.

Is my bold a typo error on your behalf?

To start with you did say they were cowards, even if they did help...

i agree. they were no simply mad or evil. we do need to understand how it could have happened to what was arguably one of the most sophisticated and advanced nations on the planet. we should remember that a great many Germans protected the Jews and the vast majority, i would think, did not believe the Nazi policies but went along with them for fear of reprisals. this makes them cowards, maybe, but not mad or evil.

many other instances abound in history, though not as bad. many similar scenarios happening today too.

As to the experiment bit, why?

Is my bold a typo error on your behalf?

To start with you did say they were cowards, even if they did help...

As to the experiment bit, why?

i see what you mean on my post. should have put a full stop between 'Jews' and 'and'. seems my 'lazy' attitude, as you put it, is catching up to me. and yeah, it's a typo, wanted to say 'can't.'

the experiment, if i remember it correctly, was about the ease with which people tend to trust authority figures to 'know' what's right and how people feel they don't have any real responsibility if they do something because someone in authority ordered them to. that they're most likely to change their own opinions to fit those of someone in power just coz they were told to do so...etc.

Archived