Hitler's policies workable in Britain?

you nailed it. i said what i think the experiment was about. spooky says i don't understand it but i think his quote said the same thing i said. what you said. true, maybe the coward label is semantics.

spooky, merely quoting what the guy who designed the experiments means you know what the guy wanted to find out. you still haven't said what you think it achieved.

"Achieved", is that semantics again.

Kaimani you've been hounding me for quite a while now whilst constantly changing the goal posts, misunderstanding and producing somewhat illegible posts, so be suffice with the answers of others for a bit...

Personally I'm wary of calling them cowards, because although, sitting in my comfy chair at my keyboard, I can state quite confidently that there's no way I would ever have been inveigled into committing such atrocities ... if I were in the middle of 1943 Germany with a stormtrooper looking suspiciously at me and wondering why I wasn't getting on with shooting the bunch of children lined up in front of me, I'm not at all sure I would be so confident.

"Achieved", is that semantics again.

Kaimani you've been hounding me for quite a while now whilst constantly changing the goal posts, misunderstanding and producing somewhat illegible posts, so be suffice with the answers of others for a bit...

:hihi::hihi: hounding? my bad. let's let it rest. strange thing to say for forum though. as for misunderstanding, i never knew that differences in opinion imply that one side has to be wrong or is 'misunderstanding'. can't see where i moved the goal posts. as for illegible posts, that's strange seeing as you obviously understood to be able to reply. besides, isn't that a bit rich seeing as outside of capital letters your posts are littered with about the same number of mistakes as mine.

all well that ends well anyway.

Personally I'm wary of calling them cowards, because although, sitting in my comfy chair at my keyboard, I can state quite confidently that there's no way I would ever have been inveigled into committing such atrocities ... if I were in the middle of 1943 Germany with a stormtrooper looking suspiciously at me and wondering why I wasn't getting on with shooting the bunch of children lined up in front of me, I'm not at all sure I would be so confident.

you're right. still though, saying they were all just caught in bad situation and did what they had to do to get out the best way is not right, i don't think. the people in the Reich, at the top, that could have stopped it, for example. aren't they cowards?

:hihi::hihi: hounding? my bad. let's let it rest. strange thing to say for forum though. as for misunderstanding, i never knew that differences in opinion imply that one side has to be wrong or is 'misunderstanding'. can't see where i moved the goal posts. as for illegible posts, that's strange seeing as you obviously understood to be able to reply. besides, isn't that a bit rich seeing as outside of capital letters your posts are littered with about the same number of mistakes as mine.

all well that ends well anyway.

Even your girlfriend noticed the challenges...

I had to check what you were ranting about numerous times!

I think most of the ones at the top genuinely were evil; in a regime such as that, evil people will find their way to the top. And evil is to some extent infectious; if you hang around with it for long enough, you are at serious risk of being corrupted and becoming evil yourself. Perhaps that, too, explains (but does not excuse) a lot of the Gestapo and SS officers.

Frankly, I'm glad that judging which of the Nazi survivors could be adjudged truly evil and which could be excused on the grounds that their own life was at serious risk if they did not comply, was not a task I had to undertake.

Archived