The unseen posts

How often do you write a post, probably a harsh reply to something that's aggravated you but then decide not to post it? Maybe you've counted to ten and re-written it to be less confrontational or more constructive.

As a gift for Gaia, please take a moment and make a difference!

What posts do you not post?

How do you control your views to be more constructive?

How can we bring everybody together and make life better?

Is life happy? (Hey Dave may offer me a job!)

P.S. Gaia, I also refer to Gaia as this planet and everything on it. I know it's not what James intended, but we are a crucial part of the big equation.

How often do you write a post, probably a harsh reply to something that's aggravated you but then decide not to post it? Maybe you've counted to ten and re-written it to be less confrontational or more constructive.

As a gift for Gaia, please take a moment and make a difference!

What posts do you not post?

How do you control your views to be more constructive?

How can we bring everybody together and make life better?

Is life happy? (Hey Dave may offer me a job!)

P.S. Gaia, I also refer to Gaia as this planet and everything on it. I know it's not what James intended, but we are a crucial part of the big equation.

I generally type a post and then read it through before I post it.I always try to be constructive.

I dont think that you can ever bring every body together as there are those who are set in their ways of thinking. We can attempt at harmony but we must know when to walk away as you can only please some of the people some of the time.Holding true to your beliefs is important.

But by walking away or turning the other cheek in today's society just let's the bigger dogs win.

It depends on the situation. You are referring to posters on a Forum.

My belief is that I try to put my point across in a constructive way and will challenge others if I believe I have evidence to support what I am saying or if I have a very strong belief in a particular subject, but I do know when I am fighting a losing battle.I dont waste my time if I dont think there is an outcome.

It depends on the situation. You are referring to posters on a Forum.

My belief is that I try to put my point across in a constructive way and will challenge others if I believe I have evidence to support what I am saying or if I have a very strong belief in a particular subject, but I do know when I am fighting a losing battle.I dont waste my time if I dont think there is an outcome.

I agree, a lot of threads descend into a waste of time. It's funniest when the biggest posters' are the ones saying the thread shouldn't even exist because it gives "them" a platform.

Never done that but I have seen some of my correctly factual posts deleted because it counters and proves wrong someone else's stupid comments just because it doesn't suit the mods views. It's just a way of trying to shape the public's view around to their way of thinking. So much for freedom of speech huh?

Never done that but I have seen some of my correctly factual posts deleted because it counters and proves wrong someone else's stupid comments just because it doesn't suit the mods views. It's just a way of trying to shape the public's view around to their way of thinking. So much for freedom of speech huh?

Posts are never removed because of disagreeing with a mod's opinions. They may be removed because they quote a post which has been removed for whatever reason, because they contain masked swearing, because after a prune the mods have to leave a thread in a readable state, because it has been reported as offensive or otherwise breaking forum rules and the moderator(s) handling the report find that the report has merit, for a whole load of reasons, but not because a mod disagrees.

In fact if a member of the moderating team is personally invested in a thread or topic then they request that someone else handles any reports from that thread in order not to have that happen.

And I've no idea where you get the idea that a private forum offers freedom of speech. We have never claimed to offer freedom of speech and have always stated clearly that we are a family friendly forum with rules significantly more stringent than the laws of the land.

If you wish to post somewhere which truly offers freedom of speech then I suggest either posting on one of the unmoderated forums online or making a site of your own on which to post. If you wish to post on SF then you do so in the knowledge that every user posts as a guest and at the discretion of the site owner, on the understanding that you respect forum rules.

In answer to the OP:

I frequently do not post a post I have typed out because I too am bound by forum rules and for me to be seen to break forum rules is a really poor example.

I try to be constructive, even if I disagree with someone's point of view, and if I find myself getting too far away from constructive then I'll delete that one even if it doesn't break forum rules.

Anything which shows too much of an edge of temper is similarly deleted, as is anything which could be seen as being too critical of individual people (I am fine with criticising an action, but not allowing that to flow over into an attack on a person) and anything which is off topic (although, as in this thread, I will answer an off topic question and then answer the questions asked in the OP of the thread).

It is perfectly possible to disagree very strongly with someone without breaking forum rules if you are careful with your language and temper.

But by walking away or turning the other cheek in today's society just let's the bigger dogs win.

It's an online forum, not global thermonuclear warfare :roll:

I'm not going to bomb your house just because you challenged one of my posts.

x

Archived