Meadowhall or Meadowhell

Meadowhall or Meadowhell?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Meadowhall or Meadowhell?

• Meadowhall
    • Meadowhell
    • Where?

Personally you couldn't drag me there on a Boxing day, you'd have an easier job getting me to go to Hospital.

Yes, i'd like some of the bargain's, but i'm more of a "hmmm, when will it be quietest" because that's my pace of life.

But, if you have been, what have you won, er bought?

Never would go Christmas eve or the few days following Christmas, I value my life far too much

It was the BBC's description of shoppers at the White Rose Centre which got me, "you can see the whites of their eyes", scary.

As for the poll, it may slide as the shopper zombies come home...

its called meadowhall for women

and meadowhell for men

No, there are plenty of women who get anxious just at the thought of going there too.

I detest the place and seriously dislike the fact that some of the things I want to buy are only available at Meadowhall branches of shops in Sheffield so it leaves me with a hard choice between not buying necessary clothes or braving the infernal place.

When I do have to go there I plan to go at a quiet time and then I do a version of ram raid shopping, parking close to the one shop that I have to visit and then leaving straight afterwards. If I have to spend more than half an hour in the place then I start getting very jittery.

It's a bunch of shops all together under one roof. Why would the shops and shoppers there be any different from anywhere else?

Your right it is, it's just that it's the local one with the common play on words, I could have mentioned any CBD or High Street, no difference to the OP.

It's a bunch of shops all together under one roof. Why would the shops and shoppers there be any different from anywhere else?

Why would the shops there be any different? Perhaps because the extended opening hours (closing at midnight in the run-up to this Christmas) mean working conditions there are worse than in shops elsewhere which open from 9-5:30 Monday-Saturday. Perhaps because in the run-up to Christmas shop workers are not permitted to park near the centre and have to use an overflow car park which may be about half a mile from where they work. Perhaps because the downward pressure on the prices of goods and the upward pressure on rents (rents cannot go down) leads retailers to cut staffing levels. I could go on…

…and I'd better not start posting what I think about the shoppers.

Archived