Meadowhall or Meadowhell?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Meadowhall or Meadowhell?

• Meadowhall
    • Meadowhell
    • Where?

its called meadowhall for women

and meadowhell for men

No, there are plenty of women who get anxious just at the thought of going there too.

I detest the place and seriously dislike the fact that some of the things I want to buy are only available at Meadowhall branches of shops in Sheffield so it leaves me with a hard choice between not buying necessary clothes or braving the infernal place.

When I do have to go there I plan to go at a quiet time and then I do a version of ram raid shopping, parking close to the one shop that I have to visit and then leaving straight afterwards. If I have to spend more than half an hour in the place then I start getting very jittery.

Daftlad... it's Mad-as-hell/ MeadowHell for women too... I can't abide the place. I get cold-sweats at the idea of braving that place at any time of year, let alone during the sales.

I am with Medusa on this one:- I only go to the place under duress/ if I am really really forced to go, for example if something is only available there, and not one of the city centre stores. (and the store can't get the item to the city centre for me to collect!)

I know which shop I need to go to. I get to mad as hell. I hit the store. I get the item, and then wild horses would not induce me to remain there any longer than I have to. I am out of there, like all the bats of hell are after me. I can't get out quickly enough.

I used to work there, and worked over Christmas, but I would not do it again. That was 8 years ago, I think I have less patience than I did when I was younger.

Its not a place I would choose to go to browse. The other shoppers always seem to frustrate me when I'm trying to get from one place to another.

I hate the place but that comes from working there for about five years.

Even when it's not busy due to Christmas or sales, I would still prefer to go to town, at least you get some fresh air in between shops!

It's a bunch of shops all together under one roof. Why would the shops and shoppers there be any different from anywhere else?

Maybe it't the fact that it's a relatively small area, with a large number of patrons. Feels too much like a cattle market for my liking.

Archived