Police! Emergency! There's a cat in my house.

I saw a programme the other day and someone rang 999 for the latest weather as they were scared of leaving the house lol ??????????????

I suggest they buy the ubiquitous "piece of seaweed" weather forecasting kit and hang it outside their window. If it's dry, then it's sunny; if it's wet, then it's raining; if it's frozen solid, then it's icy; if they can't see it, then it's foggy; and if it's gone, it's been stolen.

I suggest they buy the ubiquitous "piece of seaweed" weather forecasting kit and hang it outside their window. If it's dry, then it's sunny; if it's wet, then it's raining; if it's frozen solid, then it's icy; if they can't see it, then it's foggy; and if it's gone, it's been stolen.

lmao :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Some people's definition of 'emergency' leaves a little to be desired doesn't it?

When my cat was stuck on a roof (having got out of a roofline window and then gone up to the ridge in rain and was unable to get back down to the window because the roof was slippy) I was encouraged by various people to call the fire brigade and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I don't think I could have lived with myself if someone had suffered harm because the unit was delayed in reaching a fire or a car crash because they were trying to get my cat down. I waited until she was really hungry 2 days later and the roof was dry and then called her in from the attic window of one of my neighbours further down the terrace.

If there isn't a human in imminent danger then you shouldn't ever ever EVER call 999.

I can only assume that it would cost more to establish who made the call and impose a fine on them, than the fines would be likely to raise.

You may well be right, but the publicity and press relating to "my snowman's been nicked" doesn't seem to deter these buffoons. I work in an environment where I have had to call 999 several times, for different reasons. On one occasion I had a woman who had collapsed on the floor, and I was ON HOLD to 999... It was pretty scary, as the assumption is there the phone will be answered immediately. Like the story says, it may only take a minute or so to establish the call in a non-emergency, but if you need assistance, it is a long minute...Perhaps the threat of a fine would be more effective

Archived