Vigilance Necessary

The argument "we need to bring in people" is just an excuse and always was.

the underground could not have been built without the foreign labor. the motorway system too. the NHS is propped up by foreign workers in all strata. the geriatric nursing homes industry more so and the list continues. if the way most born and bred people changes then you might not need people from outside, but for now i think the country does need people from outside. as to whether it needs them in the numbers they were coming is another question.

The argument "we need to bring in people" is just an excuse and always was.

Two thirds of NHS staff born overseas. The NHS would collapse if they left.

2004- Poland acceeded to the EU. Two million people were unemployed in this country, yet more than half a million Poles came here and found work.

What does that tell you?

2004- Poland acceeded to the EU. Two million people were unemployed in this country, yet more than half a million Poles came here and found work.

What does that tell you?

i think it's too simplistic to say that natives just don't want to work. there many, and rightly so, most times, that just don't see the point. they might be so low on the pay scale it doesn't make sense, or they are third generation benefits babies so never knew anything but. some get made redundant without any qualification and, after twenty years, just can't face starting over. but there is something to be said about people just not working so the holes left needing plugging.

you are not wrong and have been very vigilant in noticing that the thread has drifted

would you like to bring us back on course?

There was another version of this thread yesterday but extreme leftist trolls got it deleted very quickly.

There was a question in that one but for the life of me I can't remember what it was!

So, should we as the public know more about what is going on, because it's obvious that some on SF believe things like this news report shouldn't even be mentioned!

Lefties against freedom of speech, brilliant!

Sorry, I thought this thread was about a terror threat and not multiculturalism!

Or am I wrong?

I think you might be interested in this 3 part BBC documentary series by Adam Curtis called 'The Power of Nightmares: The Rise of the Politics of Fear'.

The films compare the rise of the Neo-Conservative movement in the United States and the radical Islamist movement, making comparisons on their origins and claiming similarities between the two. More controversially, it argues that the threat of radical Islamism as a massive, sinister organised force of destruction, specifically in the form of al-Qaeda, is a myth perpetrated by politicians in many countries—and particularly American Neo-Conservatives—in an attempt to unite and inspire their people following the failure of earlier, more utopian ideologies.

All 3 parts can be found here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5883813075683695465#

It has to be one of the best documentaries I've ever seen (closely followed by 'The Trap- What Happened to our Dream of Freedom?' and 'The Century of the Self' also by Adam Curtis- which can also be found online).

When you begin to understand the political motivation behind these types of unfounded 'Vigilance Necessary' warnings it gives you a whole new insight into the world we live in.

What does that tell you?

That there is always money to be made from cheap labour.

I think you might be interested in this 3 part BBC documentary series by Adam Curtis called 'The Power of Nightmares: The Rise of the Politics of Fear'.

All 3 parts can be found here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5883813075683695465#

It has to be one of the best documentaries I've ever seen (closely followed by 'The Trap- What Happened to our Dream of Freedom?' and 'The Century of the Self' also by Adam Curtis- which can also be found online).

When you begin to understand the political motivation behind these types of unfounded 'Vigilance Necessary' warnings it gives you a whole new insight into the world we live in.

good stuff, a friend of mine showed them to me. there are many examples of the same in history. the most famous manufactured 'threat' being the 'Jew threat', and we know how that ended. there was 'the red menace' too. it's always been this way. and we keep buying the hyperbole, giving up civil rights in the name of 'protection' and repeating the cycle.

Archived