Vigilance Necessary

OK.....to put it as straight as I can....imagine if Pakistan invaded India(the main problem between these countries is in no doubt religion).......the UK has to take a stance somehow.......Can it remain neutral because it has a large Pakistani community? Should it?

The last time Pakistan invaded India we remained neutral because the Americans told us to, not because we had a few curry houses and asian chaps with beards working in mills.

This is the reason why I used country X in the first place...use ANY country you want, the point remains the same. The UK does have to make a stance. And for it not to be able to do so because it has changed this way can only be detrimental to the country.........

i think you overstate and exaggerate the situation. why can the UK not take a stance? it has over and over again, and still does.

This is the reason why I used country X in the first place...use ANY country you want, the point remains the same. The UK does have to make a stance. And for it not to be able to do so because it has changed this way can only be detrimental to the country.........

Like how the presence of muslims in the UK prevented us from invading Iraq and Afghanistan?

i think you overstate and exaggerate the situation. why can the UK not take a stance? it has over and over again, and still does.

I am not saying it can't now....it has taken a stance in the world and that is exactly what has provoked young men to want to cause slaughter at Christmas.

As time goes on this will change things.

Imagine if the demographical changes continue for another 50/100 years. The voice of the traditional British views will be quieter as the Islamic population continues to grow.

Might be a good thing if you are thinking from a Muslim perspective, but most of use aren't and have no reason to be.

I am not saying it can't now....it has taken a stance in the world and that is exactly what has provoked young men to want to cause slaughter at Christmas.

As time goes on this will change things.

Imagine if the demographical changes continue for another 50/100 years. The voice of the traditional British views will be quieter as the Islamic population continues to grow.

Might be a good thing if you are thinking from a Muslim perspective, but most of use aren't and have no reason to be.

i know what you mean. and i was, maybe, pigheaded before, but asking questions is sometimes the best way to get others to ask questions of themselves.

the demography is changing. it's irreversible. unless the UK wants to take itself back to the stone age. and, as it seems to be a east west schism at the moment, the 'Muslim question' is more pertinent than the rest. it could be drastically improved by doing other thing-not following USA blindly into unfounded wars, standing up against torture etc.

the demography is changing. it's irreversible. unless the UK wants to take itself back to the stone age.

Hold on a minute the muslim concept of human rights and being civilised is far nearer to the stone age than our culture.

Islamic states have a far worse human rights record at this moment in time than any current western state.

And look at the threat that has put us under.......see above.

But has the presence of muslims in the uk put us under greater threat than if they were not here? America has plenty of muslims in it but 9/11 was carried out by Saudis. As number 3 on the jihadi hitlist behind America and Israel we've actually had very few terrorist attacks. The bulk have either been inept or been stopped by the authorities prior to their commision. Home-grown jihadis do pose a threat, i'm not arguing that they don't, but it seems for the most part they are a threat we a more than capable of dealing with. Since 9/11 has there been any major foriegn jihadi plot plot exposed to commit a major attack the uk? I'm not aware of any. So if the islamists think there are anough of them here to not bother clotting attacks from abroad, and our surveilance methods are sufficient to intercept most plots then having a few easily traceable nutters downloading bombmaking methods from google may actually be keeping us safer than if we had none.

Hold on a minute the muslim concept of human rights and being civilised is far nearer to the stone age than our culture.

Islamic states have a far worse human rights record at this moment in time than any current western state.

china, the majority of Africa and south America. most manifestly christian or secular. USA can't say much when it comes to that. Russia. it's not so much a case of Muslim state, it's nation left with versions of democracy they're not ready to deal with, and a great many other factors.

as for civilized, i could ask you if rampant teenage pregnancy, feral youth, family break down etc are so 'civilized'.

'civilized' is relative and most times means nothing.

what do you understand about the Muslim concept of human rights?

Two thirds of NHS staff born overseas. The NHS would collapse if they left.

2004- Poland acceeded to the EU. Two million people were unemployed in this country, yet more than half a million Poles came here and found work.

What does that tell you?

Some people will work for wages that put them into benefit level.

Archived