Sat Nav Maps Update - Rip Off?

Okay, so I'm having some difficulties with a Navman Mio M300 Sat Nav I bought back in October.

It's been working fine until the last few days when it now tells me that one or more of my maps have expired and that I need to consult the software that came with the product.

Aside from their techical support being not very helpful and being unable to register the product, is it normal to have to pay to download/update the maps on your sat nav after only 2 months? Navman are wanting £34.70 for UK maps. I paid a significant sum for the device and am not impressed that the maps that I can see are installed on the sat nav cannot be accessed as I cannot circumvent this error message on start up.

Does this sound like a fault or just a money making exercise? It's not my area of expertise and I don't want to get fobbed/ripped off if possible.

Okay, so I'm having some difficulties with a Navman Mio M300 Sat Nav I bought back in October.

It's been working fine until the last few days when it now tells me that one or more of my maps have expired and that I need to consult the software that came with the product.

Aside from their techical support being not very helpful and being unable to register the product, is it normal to have to pay to download/update the maps on your sat nav after only 2 months? Navman are wanting £34.70 for UK maps. I paid a significant sum for the device and am not impressed that the maps that I can see are installed on the sat nav cannot be accessed as I cannot circumvent this error message on start up.

Does this sound like a fault or just a money making exercise? It's not my area of expertise and I don't want to get fobbed/ripped off if possible.

Where did you buy it from? I'd just take it back and tell them it's not working and you want your money back.

Hi

Take it back to the shop where you bought it there is a fault some where, did you get a bargain it could have been old stock but having said that i have a tom tom i dont think the maps on there just disappear telling me i need new maps. take it back

take it back to the shop, its faulty.

i have a nav man that i bought in 2007, still works fine and never tells me the maps are out of date, even though they are.

i agree the charges for updating are silly, but it's your choice whether you wish to spend the money, not the manufacturers!

if they try and fob you off, dont accept it. nowhere in the country will have changed so significantly in the last three months to warrant new maps, so the device is either faulty or they sold you a brand new product with old maps on it....

Archived