Anti-Social tennants - time to stop their benefits? soon solve the problem

OK, before people scream "an attack on benefit claimants/what about their rights" etc....

I know not all anti social behavior is caused by people on benefits, however drunken and late night noise and drunken behavior is often caused by people who don't have to 'get up and do a days work'. The people create massive problems for their neighbours who 'do have to get out of bed for work',

NOw quite often, these people are given ASBOs and never ending warnings by the police, and these smug layabout simply **** a snoot at the law, and make their neighbours lives hell.

Here is my solution to anti social behavior caused by people on benefits

1) A warning - give them a chance to change

2) If this fails - stop their benefit for 3 weeks. This should rattle their cage.

3) If this fails again - Stop their money for 6 months. You can bet your bottom dollar these anti social tennents would soon get a job, and as they would then have a job to get up for, they would no longer need to be making a noise until 3am in the morning.

Draconian??? yes it is, however its time rough justice was metered out to those who deserve it

I suspect that the sort of people who are going to be antisocial, if they have their benefits stopped, will probably just go on to burgle, mug or just get even worse, having nothing left to lose.

I suppose if they broke into your home, you would then have the perfect excuse to use a baseball bat to sort your neighbours out

"sorry police officer, I thought it was a burglar"

No, you wouldn't. Legitimate force allows you to incapacitate an intruder, not to beat seven shades out of him.

One good whack round the head with the aforementioned baseball bat would go a long way to incapacitating an intruder wouldn't it? Of course if you're not certain that this has had the desired effect best have another whack(don't forget to hit through the ball).

OK, before people scream "an attack on benefit claimants/what about their rights" etc....

I know not all anti social behavior is caused by people on benefits, however drunken and late night noise and drunken behavior is often caused by people who don't have to 'get up and do a days work'. The people create massive problems for their neighbours who 'do have to get out of bed for work',

NOw quite often, these people are given ASBOs and never ending warnings by the police, and these smug layabout simply **** a snoot at the law, and make their neighbours lives hell.

Here is my solution to anti social behavior caused by people on benefits

1) A warning - give them a chance to change

2) If this fails - stop their benefit for 3 weeks. This should rattle their cage.

3) If this fails again - Stop their money for 6 months. You can bet your bottom dollar these anti social tennents would soon get a job, and as they would then have a job to get up for, they would no longer need to be making a noise until 3am in the morning.

Draconian??? yes it is, however its time rough justice was metered out to those who deserve it

What about anti-social working homeowners or is it only benefit claiming anti-social tennants who are more of a problem?

i don't understand posts like this, you don't have any solution to the problem as you are a nobody with no ability make changes to how the system works.

I did suggest a solution - stop their money.

If people are being kept awake, by people who don't work then simply hit them where it hurts - no money.

Noise problems are different when you are dealing with a neighbour who also works. YOu simply make noise when that neighbour is wanting to rest.

With someone who does not work, unless you target their benefits you will never win

Archived