Anti-Social tennants - time to stop their benefits? soon solve the problem

What about anti-social working homeowners or is it only benefit claiming anti-social tennants who are more of a problem?

As I said on post 11, its much easier to hurt someone else who works. You disrupt their sleeping patterns when they need to rest.

This option is not available to someone who does not work as they can catch up on sleep whenever they need to rest

One good whack round the head with the aforementioned baseball bat would go a long way to incapacitating an intruder wouldn't it? Of course if you're not certain that this has had the desired effect best have another whack(don't forget to hit through the ball).

One, yes. Any more than one is likely to see you in court for assault.

There's a far simpler solution. Ignoring a court-imposed ASBO is contempt of court, which carries a sentence of anything up to ten years! Put them inside for a week.

I somehow doubt that would happen, they catch burglars in the act & don't bother locking them up, at least the OP is trying to think up a solution to the problem rather then as current giving them an asbo award. Lol can just see the story now - getting as Asbo made me change my life around - not

One good whack round the head with the aforementioned baseball bat would go a long way to incapacitating an intruder wouldn't it? Of course if you're not certain that this has had the desired effect best have another whack(don't forget to hit through the ball).

It would go a longway towards getting you locked up, as well.

As I said in an earler post, you would then be given the perfect reason to retaliate.

There is very little you can do about them while they are making noise, apart from building up a diary over months on end

And as somebody else said in an earlier post, you are not allowed to retaliate. You are allowed to defend yourself using 'reasonable force'.

If you are a baseball player and you ordinarily have baseball bats (trophies from games in which you made an outstanding score?) lying around your house then you might be able to argue that you picked up the bat 'because it was near to hand' and used it to defend yourself.

If, however, you've never been near a baseball diamond in your life; if you own a baseball bat but don't own a catcher's glove nor do you own a baseball, then you can expect the prosecution to suggest to the jury that you had armed yourself with a baseball bat (a potentially lethal weapon) with the well-planned intention of hitting somebody around the head with it. You can't argue 'self defence'. Well, you could try, but the prosecutor would have little difficulty in convincing the jury that you weren't thinking of defence, you were looking for vengeance and you had planned to cause somebody grievous bodily harm. If your victim dies, it's murder, not manslaughter.

One, yes. Any more than one is likely to see you in court for assault.

If you whack him round the back of the head (and he doesn't see the blow coming) you'll get away with an assault charge.:hihi:

You'd still have to explain what you were doing armed with a baseball bat.

If you whack him round the back of the head (and he doesn't see the blow coming) you'll get away with an assault charge.:hihi:

You might not, if you hit him from behind; unless he was threatening some other member of your household at the time, because he clearly wasn't threatening you. An unarmed burglar with his back to you is not a threat, merely a burglar. Clobber him in the legs to put him down; clobber him in the head to face a potential murder charge.

1) My last anti-social neighbour had kids so stopping money isn't really an option.

2) He was wise and knew the basics of the law (had had an ASBO before) so his noise was only between 8am and 9pm.

3) He'd blame the kids, or be watching out and turn it down (dealer too, so)

The only real option is to get the sound monitoring stuff installed and get them bang to rights, but then you have the "grass" element, revenge and the probable fact that it won't stop them even if they are forced to move, it just starts the paperwork again.

"Anti-Social tennants - time to stop their benefits? soon solve the problem".

Do that and the problems you think we have now will just pale into insignificance. Triple police presence or bring in the Army and I'd suggest using live rounds rather than rubber. You'd have a no bones very nasty riot on your hands.

I blame plasma tv's...some will just kill for one.

Archived