Police call to legalise brothels.

I prefer the status quo, where women are not the prey of pimps. The murder of prostitutes, like the industry, will always be with us.

My, we're sensitive. If you don't like being asked why you advocate brothels so strongly, stop advocating them.

Suggesting a discussion on drugs is not evidence I take drugs.

Suggesting a debate on saving the lives of street prostitutes is not evidence I use them, it's just an ad hominem dredged up from your sewer of a brain.

Yeah, right!

I certainly dispute it, and I don't care how much fake statistics you got from the pimps to "prove" otherwise. What brothels do is conceal this sort of stuff, and make it possible for pimps to operate with much less police interference.

Errrr, can you see where I've posted any evidence, at all, from pimps?

Why are you resorting to personal abuse?

And tax, I presume?

Your familiarity with the brothel industry is beginning to stink.

Yes, they pay tax.

Do you think anyone with an opinion on criminal behaviour must be a criminal?

I think you should stop posting and step out of this debate, you are clearly not capable of debating without trying, and failing, to insult people.

a pimp is only 'nicked' if a prostitute report him. and they are unlikely to do that for a myriad of reasons, chief being they are also participating in an illegal act. legalizing it would mean they could.

But, surely, all those reasons will still apply; and even more so, if pimps were legal. After all, just selling a woman wouldn't be an offence. "He was nasty to me officer". Um.

it is, indeed a miserable business and needs to be thought out carefully, the current state of affairs can not go on.

It is certainly possible to make it worse, by legalising pimping.

After all, unless prostitution is unlike any other trade known to man, legalisation will lead to a vast expansion of these things.

It is certainly possible to make it worse, by legalising pimping.

For the third time, nobody is suggesting legalising pimping.

I really think you should stop taking part in the debate, not because of your pathetic insults but because you are clearly unable to understand the issue.

There will always (and has always) been an underclass of desperate women plying their trade in the most dangerous circumstances. Licensed brothels wouldn't eradicate this, but would minimise it.

God forbid a relative of ours is drawn into prostitution, but if they were, would you not want the best protection for her away from the grasp of pimps?

Archived