Help with varicose veins!

Whilst babysitting my young nieces and nephews yesterday, I thought it would be OK to have a quick catnap on the sofa, safe in the knowledge that they were out of harms way and happy playing with the felt pens I'd bought them for Chrismas.

Imagine my horror when I woke up to find multicoloured varicose veins all over my face!:o:gag:

I daren't go out now due to this affliction and have just cancelled my appearance on the Christmas lectures for the BBC on behalf of the Royal institute.

What can I do!? :help:

• 5 years later...

I have varicose veins in both legs and over last couple of days the veins in my left leg have been very tender and are giving me discomfort when walking. The veins are bulging, HELP! Could it be serious?

I know people will be saying get off to doctors but I don't like wasting an appointment someone else could make use of and also it's Friday and weekend ahead

OP-Surgical spirits is what I would try if soap & water doesn’t work. It will remove the sticky bits that plasters leave on a cut finger for example. It tends to dissolve ink, so may work. Keep it well away from your eyes if you try it.

I have varicose veins in both legs and over last couple of days the veins in my left leg have been very tender and are giving me discomfort when walking. The veins are bulging, HELP! Could it be serious?

I know people will be saying get off to doctors but I don't like wasting an appointment someone else could make use of and also it's Friday and weekend ahead

I've got the start of them in one leg :(

I'm only 32, slim and active, so I think it must be hereditary.

I doubt the NHS would do anything about it, they don't cause me pain at the moment, but they're ugly, and are only going to get worse :(

They've been there a few years, I think having slim/muscular legs makes them more obvious.

I also suffer from constantly cold feet, I don't know if the two are related :suspect: