I'm Thinking Of Cancelling Sky.

:help::loopy:

You can cancel whatever you want with 30 days notice - once outside the contract term.

They will often offer you the current range of offers if they're of interest.

They've just knock £25 a month off my bill.

I do however have phone line - which they never adjust, and broadband.

What do you mean by " once outside the contract term" ? How do you know how long your contract term runs for ?

:help::loopy:

What do you mean by " once outside the contract term" ? How do you know how long your contract term runs for ?

My broadband has a 12 month contract advised at the time of inception,so does my line rental,my sky tv has no contract 'cos i've had it for that long.

New sky customers,sky q etc get a 12 month contract initially then it becomes 30 day notice.

Usually you can check on your MySky account.

If you want to cancel phone them to do so, they'll then advise if you can or can't.

My broadband has a 12 month contract advised at the time of inception,so does my line rental,my sky tv has no contract 'cos i've had it for that long.

New sky customers,sky q etc get a 12 month contract initially then it becomes 30 day notice.

Usually you can check on your MySky account.

If you want to cancel phone them to do so, they'll then advise if you can or can't.

Thank you. This reply was very helpful.

Just wondered if anyone else has done it and how they found it?

I'm just fed up of paying out each month for the same old stuff. It's just repeat after repeat. Sky News is about the best thing but even that gets repetative.

I don't watch sport and if I want a movie I'll go and rent one.

I think I'm going to go back to 5 channels.

You`ll get far more than 5 free channels these days, though you`re right, all the extra channels are either repeats or rubbish. If you`ve still got an aerial (some unscrupulous Sky installers have been known to cut the cable....) the simplest thing is to just use Freeview (that is digital TV through your aerial), all TVs have a built in Freeview tuner. If you`ve no aerial, and only want TV at one point, you can get a card for the free channels through your Skybox. Well you always used to be able to do that !

You`ll get far more than 5 free channels these days, though you`re right, all the extra channels are either repeats or rubbish. If you`ve still got an aerial (some unscrupulous Sky installers have been known to cut the cable....) the simplest thing is to just use Freeview (that is digital TV through your aerial), all TVs have a built in Freeview tuner. If you`ve no aerial, and only want TV at one point, you can get a card for the free channels through your Skybox. Well you always used to be able to do that !

OP could also buy a freesat HD box. I suggest speaking to someone at Richer Sounds if they are looking to do this as some of the cheaper boxes are very slow and problematic.

I have Freesat built into my TV and plan to ditch Sky this December in favour of this plus NowTV. I can still watch shows such as GOT and Walking Dead, plus others for £6.99 a month and I can do this on multiple TV's by way of my Apple TV boxes.

Edited by Berberis

Decided I'm going to cancel. As good as they are, I can't take anymore of Only Fools and Horses, Open All Hours, Top Gear repeats and so on.......

I wonder what pressure they'll put on to get me to stay.

Going to get a Freesat box HD. One of payment and done with.

-------------------

I got shut of sky 3 yrs ago, use to watch all them things you mentioned

and lots more, i just got bored with repeats. There are some Goldies

Oldies on Pre-View. Short of now't to watch - a few repeats but not

as bad Sky.