How high does petrol have to go before you start pooping your pants?

How high does petrol have to go before you become worried?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How high does petrol have to go before you become worried?

• 1.25p - 1.35p a litre
    • 1.36 - 1.45p a litre
    • 1.46 - 1.55p a litre
    • 1.56 - 1.65p a litre
    • 1.66 - 1.80p a litre
    • 1.80p a litre plus
    • not worried as I fiddle my expenses

I live on a diet of bogies, bum fluff and the occasional spider so i'm cool, he says munching on a tomato...

... goes off looking for snare wire and takes up scrumping and poaching...

scrumping tvs i hear is good this time of year

errrrrrrrrrrrm

The endless increases in the price of petrol and diesal do lead to higher prices for my cutomers as my costs keep going up. So I do worry about it.

ive always thought about that, why not take a smaller profit?

specially with massive companies, the costs go up so they put prices up up up, but they still make thousands / millions in profits ..........why dont they take a hit occasionally and give something back?

Thing is we're getting done over by profiteering companies, unscrupulous governments & political agendas. We're all paying well over the odds for a substance which makes the country go round and generates cash for the nations coffers.

There needs to be a lower level of taxation on fuel because it's effing stupid how it is now - It costs me £190 per month just to get into work.

ive always thought about that, why not take a smaller profit?

specially with massive companies, the costs go up so they put prices up up up, but they still make thousands / millions in profits ..........why dont they take a hit occasionally and give something back?

I'm not a massive company and i don't charge that much to start with. Why should i take a hit because some oil company jacks it's prices up or the government decides to punish tradesmen who have to use fuel to get to peoples houses?

A couple of years ago in the summer, diesel peaked at about £1.33/litre. this was approx the price of oil per barrel. Now oil is approx 90/93p.

Why? It's not ALL change in duties & taxes.

Also I notice that when duties are going up forecourt prices go up early. So the motorist fills up before the 'increase' to find it has probably already happened.

Let's compare prices just before & after the VAT increase.

Archived