How high does petrol have to go before you start pooping your pants?

How high does petrol have to go before you become worried?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How high does petrol have to go before you become worried?

• 1.25p - 1.35p a litre
    • 1.36 - 1.45p a litre
    • 1.46 - 1.55p a litre
    • 1.56 - 1.65p a litre
    • 1.66 - 1.80p a litre
    • 1.80p a litre plus
    • not worried as I fiddle my expenses

There was uproar a few years back when fuel prices went near £1 a litre, trucks blocking motorways, stations running out of fuel due to panic buying etc.

Don't know exactly what's changed now..

Maybe it's the government secretly adding more and more fluoride to our drinking water, and giving people injections to 'protect them' from the next imaginary strain of flu that's keeping everyone even more dumbed down?

It's the usual holiday rip off in the US. The price per gallon went up 30 cents a gallon for Regular 87 Octane in my neck of the woods. The robber barons always make the same excuse. "World demand" bla bla bla when in fact they know a lot of people will be driving and they just want to take advantage of it and further their own greed.

Worse yet we go on paying chump prices for Arab oil and when if drilling was allowed, there's enough oil in this country to keep us in cheap fuel for the next 100 years

You lot are going to be very worried indeed. The price of fuel, in general, is only ever going to go up. The thing is, oil is pretty limited and is fast running out so therefore the price will continue to go up and up and up once supplies start to disappear. There are other reasons also, but am I worried? No. It's outside my control and there is nothing you and I can do about it.

Just what I was thinking. Worrying changes nothing.Just wastes a lot of mental energy that could be used for more eventful pursuits.

It's the usual holiday rip off in the US. The price per gallon went up 30 cents a gallon for Regular 87 Octane in my neck of the woods. The robber barons always make the same excuse. "World demand" bla bla bla when in fact they know a lot of people will be driving and they just want to take advantage of it and further their own greed.

Isn't 'greed' a euphemism for 'supply and demand' and 'market prices'?

People charge what the market will bear, which means that as demand goes up, so do the prices.:(

I used to live in Vicksburg MS. Fuel came ashore about 5 miles up the river, but once it had travelled 30 miles west, the price dropped by about 30¢ a gallon. Supply in V'burg was limited and there were far more suppliers in Jackson.

Worse yet we go on paying chump prices for Arab oil and when if drilling was allowed, there's enough oil in this country to keep us in cheap fuel for the next 100 years

Maybe. But if oil cost about $30 a gallon, would exploiting those resources still be cost-effective?

Isn't 'greed' a euphemism for 'supply and demand' and 'market prices'?

People charge what the market will bear, which means that as demand goes up, so do the prices.:(

I used to live in Vicksburg MS. Fuel came ashore about 5 miles up the river, but once it had travelled 30 miles west, the price dropped by about 30¢ a gallon. Supply in V'burg was limited and there were far more suppliers in Jackson.

Maybe. But if oil cost about $30 a gallon, would exploiting those resources still be cost-effective?

I dont know about the "what the marlet will bear bit" I'm sure there are a lot of people who feel the pinch in the greater Los Angeles area when prices go up from 2.99 a gallon to around 3.30 which it currently is for 87 octane which most vehicles use. I dont believe any of the mullarkey the oil companies spout about supply and demand and world prices. They do this bit every time there's a holiday. Big oil is out of control in this country. It needs reining in, they're in every politicians pocket so that will never happen. They'll just go on sticking it to us every time.

I dont agree much with what Sarah Palin says but when she says, drill, drill and drill then she's got that right at least.

Archived