Every Sunday - Karaoke Competition @ The Angel Pub £500 prize money

Angelpub

After taking your comments on board, we have managed to change the advertisement that's going in the Mercury.

Many thanks for your advice, we havent ran a competition before so never considered any of the points you made, and we have to agree, it would sound fairer and more appealing to split the prize money.

So here goes:

1st prize £300

2nd prize £150

3rd prize £50

And if anyone would like to be a judge for us please email aj@redroadfm.com and if you would like to enter the competition then please email angelcompetition@live.co.uk

I hope this will encourage everyone to enter and we will guarantee that this will be a fair competition and the best singer will win.

I think that's absolutely fantastic news! Well done guys.

Hi, it depends on how many people enter, dont want it to go on forever so will work it out a week before we start!

Many thanks for spreading the word, much appreciated

all the best and regards AJ

Aren't you going to let people just turn up at the Heats then? Will you only let them enter one heat? I think if you let people just turn up, then, it will balance itself out ie. if you get a cracking singer on one week, and someone almost as good, but they don't get through, and then the next week they're all pretty mediocre, then you've not got the best singers through, but the great singer who didn't get through, can always come back next week, and try their luck? I'm just sounding things out, really, in case you'd not thought of that. I appreciate that it's a minefield!

Hi All, competition is on and starts Sunday 23rd, anyone entering can turn up at the Angel from 7.45pm on Sunday 23rd at the Angel, Rotherham Road, Killamarsh, (near the Rother Valley entrance), anyone entering the heats will have upto 3 chances to reenter if not successful on first entree!

Looking forward to meeting you all and good luck AJ

Hi Dave the more Judges the better, much appreciated AJ

Archived