Help needed regarding a payment/chargeback

My kid paid for something on Ebay yesterday through Paypal, It was quite expensive, Within a couple of hours i had an email saying that the transaction has a temporary hold placed on it.

My Paypal balance is £0.00 but the funds are obviously being held somewhere.

Now i am aware that you can do chargebacks on Visa Debit Cards as stated here:- http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

Would it be possible to do a chargeback for this transaction? Bearing in mind they could end up with their money going and no goods either.

Thank you.

I've had this before, the best thing you can do is call Paypal customer services on 08707 307 191

i think you may need to go to the help center in Paypal and get a pin to call them with, log in and get a pin. you usually get put through to an American but sometimes their helpful. If they are not helpful best thing you can do is just tell them you'll do a chargeback (they hate that) and they'll usually sort the problem out

I'm confused. Have you paid for the item and still want it?

If so, has the temporary hold been placed due to a chargeback or dispute, or is it just on hold for some other reason.

Need more clarification here.

You can't do a chargeback through PayPal unless you paid with a credit card. You can, of course, dispute the sale, but you've not yet had the chance to receive your goods, so I'm very confused. :)

Archived