Odeon Cinema - Strongly recommend against

FallenAngel6

Me and my husband went to the cinemas last night, we were hoping to go to meadowhall cinemas but unfortunately because of how busy it was we had to make other arrangements. We made the mistake of choosing Odeon cinemas.

The charge for watching the film was diabolical £14.00 which i actually think is more expensive than meadowhall cinemas. We then went into the small cinema room after going down two flights of stairs, and we found a very small cinema screen, very rigid uncomfortable seats with no where to put cups. The film was playing and kept crackling and jumping and by the last half hour my husband and i were in so much pain from the seats that we barely enjoyed the last bits of the film. My husband suffers really bad sciatica and since going to the Odeon it has been hurting him quite bad.

We went on to enjoy our afternoon after the cinemas but both suffering quite bad back ache.

I have complaint against the cinemas as i think for the price they are charging they should be doing more to maximise the comfort of their customers and also take into mind the people who are disabled.

We have agreed we will never go back to the Odeon and feel like we should warn other people to not waste their money on the cinema.

The one at meadowhall is about £13.00 for two people and you get extremely comfortable seats that recline slightly so you can rest back, they are not hard so your bum doesnt go numb, the arms go up so you can snuggle up to your mr or mrs (or if you struggle getting your bum into seats) and their are cup holders on each chair. The screens are huge and the rooms are warm.

I know where i'm going in future. I do know Cineworld is extortionate though, however think they have got sofas and everything in there

My husband suffers really bad sciatica and since going to the Odeon it has been hurting him quite bad.

We went on to enjoy our afternoon after the cinemas but both suffering quite bad back ache.

Phone Claims Direct and stick a claim in. Could you be a new compo claim for them to chase.

The Odeon is terrible. There's even a screen where the projector is just above the doorway so you can't help but obscure the projection when you walk in!

Older cinemas do have smaller screens which there isn't much anyone can do anything about - but uncomfortable seats (and less leg room) seem to be a nationwide thing with Odeon so I have just given up going there.

Cinemas generally are extortionate these days IMO so, even for a film buff like me, it's got to be a special film to persuade me not to wait for Lovefilm dvds.

No cinema seat is as comfy as my couch :D

I agree. The Odeon really is an appalling cinema. I try to avoid wherever possible: the screens are so small and the seats so amazingly uncomfortable.

I find it astonishing that they're still in business with VUE in Meadowhall being so excellent!

Ive not been to the city centre Odeon for about 4 years and it seemed ok back then. However, as we all know things change and not always for the better.

I only go to the Showroom these days and I love it there. Always a nice atmosphere and never full although I only go to see foreign subtitled films. They do have some mainstream films on though. Prices are about the same as the other cinemas mentioned in the thread.

Sh2006.

There used to be a little cinema underneath the 'Fiesta'. I think Odeon took this screen on as one of their own in the re-development. Could be the one the OP is on about.

At the end of the day Odeon has 3 big screens and 7 little screens. If they weren't making money they would shut. Big screens are at VUE and Cineworld, but maybe there are some families out there who prefer the small screens. Less daunting for some kids, maybe some old folk prefer it as well (less crowd, better view of screen). Bottom line is the place is still there so if you don't like it go somewhere else, as there are others who seem to like what you hate about it.

Archived