Virraj Restaurant Woodseats

Prestige1000

What's absolute Garbage? I'm sure there is a comparison and that in my opinion is that Viraaj is lots better i eat there quite a lot now, Kashmiri Aroma always appears to be a bit on the unkept side if they can't make the building and car park look clean god knows how there food is prepared??? Viraaj is clean, lovely staff and lovely food! No Comparison!

What's absolute Garbage? I'm sure there is a comparison and that in my opinion is that Viraaj is lots better i eat there quite a lot now, Kashmiri Aroma always appears to be a bit on the unkept side if they can't make the building and car park look clean god knows how there food is prepared??? Viraaj is clean, lovely staff and lovely food! No Comparison!

The Viraaj is absolute Garbage, that`s what ! Bit of a posher Dilshad, nothing more, nothing less. As for the "unkept", I have never in my life looked at the carpark of a eaterie, and thought I`m not going in there because of the state of it, ( get real ), as for the building, it`s immaculate inside, desperation springs to mind, prestige, not comparison. What`s a matter have you got a share in it, because of what iv`e heard, it will not be there much longer if trade carry`s on how it is, never mind you can always go back to the poor mans version across the road on the Dale.

now now there's no need to get so upset, I can confirm that i do not have shares at Viraaj I was merely stating that i would and do prefer Viraaj, I like the food it's amazing, the staff know there stuff on all levels of the menu and are incredibly attentive, plus with a silly attitude like yours it would simply be most unfortunate coming to the Kashmiri Aroma on the same night as you, and it is very very bad mannered of you to forecast how another restaurant (your competitor possibly!!) is doing? Now of what I hear all top chefs in Sheffield worth there salt only take notice of what Lesley Drapers Food Reviews and not Martin Dawes (he's lost his touch i think) you may want to look at the Telegraphs review it was very very good! people tend to be extremely loyal when it comes to good food so even if it is in your opinion the poor man's version! it's been going a lot lot longer than the Aroma maybe I don't know there is a good reason "it's good" so put your dummy back in have a relevant and polite debate. simples

and yes people do look at the presentation of the outside of a building, i certainly do first impressions and all tha,t it has to look good from the outside to give you a preview of what it might look like on the inside!

Next time you go for a meal at night don`t forget your torch, to check the carpark " so ridiculous" as for the review in the telegraph, I do apologise i`m a daily sport reader, no food reviews sorry,

toodle pip for now, i`ll put my dummy back in !

well, went to Viraaj last night..

Nice and busy with a good atmosphere, as you would expect for a Saturday night.

Quite a long wait between ordering to starters arriving and again between starters and mains, I guess that could be down to it being a Saturday night but it did seem a little too long (especially for the couple that didn't have starters)

Anyway, the food.

Cod Sizzler, Lamb Chops and Chicken Chaat for starters, all REALLY nice..

The chops a little chewy but I guess you can get that sometimes, tasty but half of it wasted, Chaat and Cod Sizzler both really nice - everyone agreed, would have been nice to have a bit more fish than we got but thats perhaps being a little picky

The mains, Chicken Bhuna, Cod Sizzler, Murgh Bahar, chicken Sizzlers and a Chicken Makhsomething, were all superb, and I don't think anyone left a morsel.

Naans light and fluffy, as was the rice :)

The only dish I was a little puzzled by was the Bombay Aloo, it's a dish I order quite often and I'd never had it quite like this before. It was potato and onion in what I can only describe as a Korma sauce?!? It was nice enough and it was eaten but it was very different from the norm

I would certainly visit again, I reckon a visit to the Monday night buffet is in order

Stu

Sorry but just about everyone here who has commented on the Viraj has very few posts, which normally leads me to be suspicious. The Dishad was absolute garbage, I cannot see how the Viraj has been transformed into an incredible curry house if the Dilshad was so bad. The Kashmiri Aroma is without a doubt the cleanest curry house I have ever been too, along with the service and the food I think it's unbeatable. Are there any other old school forummers here who have tried both willing to give their opinion?

Archived