Virraj Restaurant Woodseats

Prestige1000

If you check my other posts you will see that I really enjoyed the Kashmiri Aroma as well as Azaad that we tried on Tuesday night

No axe to grind here mate, just a curry lover from Chesterfield who likes trying different restaurants

If you wanted me to choose between the Viraaj and Kashmiri Aroma then I would probably plump for the Kashmiri... but only just

Sorry but just about everyone here who has commented on the Viraj has very few posts, which normally leads me to be suspicious. The Dishad was absolute garbage, I cannot see how the Viraj has been transformed into an incredible curry house if the Dilshad was so bad. The Kashmiri Aroma is without a doubt the cleanest curry house I have ever been too, along with the service and the food I think it's unbeatable. Are there any other old school forummers here who have tried both willing to give their opinion?

In what way does the amount of times you have posted on something elevate your oppinion on any subject?

I live in Woodseats and used to eat at the Dilshad which had to be one of the most unpredictable curry houses, one meal was delicious and the next not too good at all. I have eaten at Kasmiri Aroma and whilst it was clean as you say the food was bland and seemed far better at the Viraaj which has now become my regular haunt.

The food is fantastic, prices are fair and the service is always brilliant.

It's not uncommon for new places to get friends and relatives to sign up to forums to big them up that's all :)

Ahh I understand but I can confirm I am not a shareholder of the Viraaj nor am I one of its employees or fellow Bangladeshi, I was born in Jessops.

Went in a group of 12 to Viraaj on Monday night and the food was fantastic, however there was a very long wait between courses.

I thought it was a Buffet on a Monday evening at Viraaj??

We chose from the menu as we thought it was simpler everyone having buffet or everyone choosing from the menu. Haven't had the buffet at the Viraaj yet but heard it is very nice.

• 3 weeks later...

We used to eat regularly at Dilshad but the last couple of meals were poor as was the service. We tried Viraaj last month and it was gorgeous, the place has been done up really nice, the food was spot on and we even took a doggy bag home! We are going again tonight and hope it is consistently good as some places you can have a good meal one night and the next can be rubbish!

How does this place compare to Kashmiri aroma across the road? Had couple of gorgeously delicious curries there... would feel like a traitor going to viraaj... but what if it is better?

Shouldn't you feel like a traitor for not going viraaj lol support your locals?

• 1 year later...
Been to this restaurant again recently and it was absolutely superb!! Staff impecable,polite and knowledgable on there menu's! good grief it does makes a change from the usual shrugging of shoulders and carefree attitude. More Restaurants in Sheffield like this please. Go Viraaj !!!!

Went to Virraj over the weekend,I can only say that this was possibly the worst meal EVER.

Staff are now indifferent, and the restaurant was so cold my friend had to keep their coat on through the meal. Trying to catch a waiter to speak to was impossible. When the meals came we wished we had not bothered, both were tasteless and not of a very good standard ( sliced chicken, in a curry!)

We loved the Dilshad, and when it was open we had loads of nice meals there BUT this was the 2nd time recently we have been to the Virraj, owned by the same people who had the Dishad and we only returned to see if it had improved, but sadly it hadn't.

Don't know if the chef or management have changed but we will not be returning.

Also it seemed that we were on a type of conveyor belt, as they wanted to bring our mains even though we were still eating our starter!!

We were in just over 70 mins (starter, main ) not bothered with dessert as my friend was virtually turning blue(ok slight overstatement, but they were very very cold).

Hope it improves, but even if it does I doubt I would return in a hurry, shame as it was good, and with Kashmiri Aroma so close think I' ll be going there.

Archived