ConDems rocked as support for coalition falls dramatically

form your own party and campaign for office yourself

perhaps a better idea would be for us to reclaim the parties we already have.

all three parties suffer from the same issue which is they are drawing candidates from pretty much the same pot.

the stereotypical MP seems to be a graduate who studied a fluffy degree like politics or economics then went on to be a special advisor of some sort and then on to be an MP. they probably never had a real job and have next to no experience of real life. because they are relatively inexperienced then they are easy for the party machine to bully into submission.

to challenge and break that stereotype we need candidates from different backgrounds who have experience of the real world, have some maturity and would stand up to the party machine more.

i'm not saying it would be easy to reclaim the parties and there would be tears and setbacks along the way, but if we are determined then we can do it.

Serapis asked SCSUX the following question:

... Please educate us all on how an opinion poll carried out by the Labour supporting paper with a dwindling readership, so much so it makes a loss can spark an election?

You chose to answer (see your post #36) with:

They supported devious Nick and the Lib Dems during the election!

Was your reply intended to be a non-sequitur?

Back on the topic:

It's likely that the coalition government won't be overjoyed by the Guardian's poll, but - as others have suggested - the poll is pretty meaningless.

When you suggested that (Thread title) "[the] ConDems [were] rocked as support for [the] coalition falls dramatically" was your use of the word 'rocked' meant to indicate that the news article made them feel sleepy?

I can't see that they would be too bothered by a poll. - Unless that poll was a poll of MPs in the Palace of Westminster and led to a vote of no confidence.

Even then, I suspect that the Libs and the Tories would suddenly find that they were on the same side after all.

I can't imagine any politicians (of any party) doing anything which would remove them from power.

Serapis asked SCSUX the following question:

You chose to answer (see your post #36) with:

Back on the topic:

It's likely that the coalition government won't be overjoyed by the Guardian's poll, but - as others have suggested - the poll is pretty meaningless.

When you suggested that (Thread title) "[the] ConDems [were] rocked as support for [the] coalition falls dramatically" was your use of the word 'rocked' meant to indicate that the news article made them feel sleepy?

I can't see that they would be too bothered by a poll. - Unless that poll was a poll of MPs in the Palace of Westminster and led to a vote of no confidence.

Even then, I suspect that the Libs and the Tories would suddenly find that they were on the same side after all.

I can't imagine any politicians (of any party) doing anything which would remove them from power.

Don't worry Wednesday1 only has time to launch another 1200-1400 similarly pointless threads before the next election.

Back on the topic:

:hihi: Maybe, just like one of your rambling posts!;)

So you don't have any sort of meaningful reply to either of your interlocutors?

If you want to be taken as a creditable political commentator, stop hiding behind this assumed stupidity. Well, I'm presuming it's assumed. :suspect:

Hiya Rubes! Rupert Baehr (who I note no longer advertises the fact that he lives in Austria on his profile) was claiming that I stated that the this damning poll verdict was in itself enough to 'spark an election' which is a ridiculous misrepresentation!

I presume you meant a credible commentator, well don't know about that, just an ordinary man who remembers what the Cons did to this city and country in the '80's, and who lives in deep fear that they are about to do the same again.

Archived