ConDems rocked as support for coalition falls dramatically

It doesn't say it anywhere but in wednesday1's thread title. Obviously, it's his wishful thinking :hihi:

I almost wish that either Tony or Gordon would come back and retake the throne, just to shut the labour fanboys up, because I'm sick of reading it - day in and day out. We could then head for the rocks in spectacular fashion and see them wreck the country totally, whilst wednesday1, Titanic99 and the rest stand by and cheer them on.

Sensible people are behind the coalition to a greater or lesser degree, because the alternative doesn't bear thinking of.

Are we to look to you Ruby as a shining example of "sensible people"?:hihi::hihi:

Are we to look to you Ruby as a shining example of "sensible people"?
Yes, frum, whoever you are. More sensible than anyone who's 'away with the fairies' or who wants to re-install labour anyway. :)

@wednesday1. I did mean creditable ... as in able to give you credit for your views, not credible, as in believable. And if you're old enough to have experience of the 80s, not just a child's memories of what the adults around you were experiencing, you should have more sense of responsbility in what you're trying to stir up.

Yes, frum, whoever you are. More sensible than anyone who's 'away with the fairies' or who wants to re-install labour anyway. :)

@wednesday1. I did mean creditable ... as in able to give you credit for your views, not credible, as in believable. And if you're old enough to have experience of the 80s, not just a child's memories of what the adults around you were experiencing, you should have more sense of responsbility in what you're trying to stir up.

I was there in the 80's and as far as I am concerned, the Tories did what needed to be done. Too many people in the steel industry and coal industry getting paid for doing nothing, both industries needed bringing in line and made to be profitable.

I worked in both industries at the time and saw for myself all the freeloaders.

I was there in the 80's and as far as I am concerned, the Tories did what needed to be done. Too many people in the steel industry and coal industry getting paid for doing nothing, both industries needed bringing in line and made to be profitable.

I worked in both industries at the time and saw for myself all the freeloaders.

So they closed 'em all down. Now that really solved the problem didn't it.

Please chill Ruby,

You seem more bitter and condescending with each post.

It's all about preferences and opinion,each person has a God given right to one.

Please do not get so het up, it's only banter and not meant to be personal.

You are looked upon as a grandee by some on this forum.please please don't let yourself down

So they closed 'em all down. Now that really solved the problem didn't it.

No, they did not close them all down, and yes they did solve the problem, for the first time ever in the 80's the british steel industry actually started to make a profit, I thought you said you could remember :huh:

No, they did not close them all down, and yes they did solve the problem, for the first time ever in the 80's the british steel industry actually started to make a profit, I thought you said you could remember :huh:

The first time ever??? The Cons in their zeal to privatise BSC closed down all the private sector too eg Hadfields, Firth-Brown, Brown Bayley then after these went Tinsley Park went the same way.

Leaving what we have today locally which is comparatively very little.

Much of the continued volume of steel still came from the BSC Stainless SMACC plant which was built by Labour in the '70's. The Cons allowed it to slip into foreign hands (Avesta) in the '80's and has gradually been asset stripped as production has moved to Finland (home of current owners Outokompu).

Archived