ConDems rocked as support for coalition falls dramatically

The first time ever??? The Cons in their zeal to privatise BSC closed down all the private sector too eg Hadfields, Firth-Brown, Brown Bayley then after these went Tinsley Park went the same way.

Leaving what we have today locally which is comparatively very little.

Much of the continued volume of steel still came from the BSC Stainless SMACC plant which was built by Labour in the '70's. The Cons allowed it to slip into foreign hands (Avesta) in the '80's and has gradually been asset stripped as production has moved to Finland (home of current owners Outokompu).

BSC Stainless was merged with Avesta in 1992, with BSC holding 51% of the shares, it wasnt until 1999 when the production moved over to Sweden.

Erm......just jog my memory who was actually in charge of the country then.

However there are 4 and a half years left before an election needs to be called and that is a very long time in politics.

The fixed-term parliaments bill is not yet on the statute books and has significant opposition within the coalition.

Are you one of these fools who thinks that when legislation is proposed it is automatically enacted?

A friend live's near devious Nick's office on Nether Green Road (and even recieved a Christmas card from him!:gag: - thought the muppet would have had more important things to do like making the tea for Dave) she has reported such are the shockwaves emanating from the devious one's building that several trees have fallen down in the last few days.

So it was all in your head, that makes sense now, I mean you used the word "friend" :loopy:

I would like to say for your sake that this is the first time you have spouted such drivel but I do not wish to lie, anyone who has had the misfortune of conversing with you will be well aware of the juvenile nature of your prose and your inability to live in the real word.

I can understand, your beloved government lost and you would do anything to have one last chance to see your idiot friends in government but grownups and those with any amount of intelligence understand that Labour lost and was resoundingly beaten at the dispatch box. Yours and others indignation at that fact is only testament that the rest of us did a good job in booting out Labour for a very long time.

The fixed-term parliaments bill is not yet on the statute books and has significant opposition within the coalition.

Are you one of these fools who thinks that when legislation is proposed it is automatically enacted?

Without the fixed term parliaments the next election has to be called by the PM and just like Gordon Brown, Cameron is not going to jump into an election until the last minute unless he thinks he can win.

BSC Stainless was merged with Avesta in 1992, with BSC holding 51% of the shares, it wasnt until 1999 when the production moved over to Sweden.Erm......just jog my memory who was actually in charge of the country then.

And the tie-up with Avesta in early '90's was when the rot set in. The hot mill closed in the mid 90's as well as other bits.

Once the co was no longer in British hands then it was always going to be at risk from asset strippers.

So it was all in your head, that makes sense now, I mean you used the word "friend" :loopy:

I would like to say for your sake that this is the first time you have spouted such drivel but I do not wish to lie, anyone who has had the misfortune of conversing with you will be well aware of the juvenile nature of your prose and your inability to live in the real word.

I can understand, your beloved government lost and you would do anything to have one last chance to see your idiot friends in government but grownups and those with any amount of intelligence understand that Labour lost and was resoundingly beaten at the dispatch box. Yours and others indignation at that fact is only testament that the rest of us did a good job in booting out Labour for a very long time.

36%!:hihi::hihi:

Archived