ConDems rocked as support for coalition falls dramatically

And the tie-up with Avesta in early '90's was when the rot set in. The hot mill closed in the mid 90's as well as other bits.

Once the co was no longer in British hands then it was always going to be at risk from asset strippers.

Sorry, but 51% to me means a majority holding

By the way, it was 1999 when the mill at Shepcote Lane closed, hardly mid 90's

September 1999 to be precise :thumbsup:

Not doing very well are you ?

Without the fixed term parliaments the next election has to be called by the PM and just like Gordon Brown, Cameron is not going to jump into an election until the last minute unless he thinks he can win.

Or unless the collapse in LibDem vote (at local elections) causes their party to panic, fall apart and desert the coalition. This would put Mr Cammeron in a difficult position. But by then the LibDems might be irrelevant. He may feel able to win on his own. But then again, that might leave him exposed to his own right wing. The possibilities are numerous but a 5 year parliament is far from certain.

Latest YouGov

Con - 40%

Lab - 42%

Lib - 9%

T minus 4.5 years and counting.

Good luck with Little Ed, please pass him a tissue at the next Labour conference held in his front room :hihi:

He could always ask Scrivs to get him a discount at the Mercure.

Sorry, but 51% to me means a majority holding

By the way, it was 1999 when the mill at Shepcote Lane closed, hardly mid 90's

September 1999 to be precise :thumbsup:

Not doing very well are you ?

51% holding meant nothing as the business was superfluous to the then private BS who were only interested in their core business, which was general steels.

'not doing very well'? You haven't a clue!

51% holding meant nothing as the business was superfluous to the then private BS who were only interested in their core business, which was general steels.

'not doing very well'? You haven't a clue!

Pahahaha!

Give us a shout when you want another shuvel throwing down.

Or unless the collapse in LibDem vote (at local elections) causes their party to panic, fall apart and desert the coalition. This would put Mr Cammeron in a difficult position. But by then the LibDems might be irrelevant. He may feel able to win on his own. But then again, that might leave him exposed to his own right wing. The possibilities are numerous but a 5 year parliament is far from certain.

while they may panic if there is a bad result in the may elections there is little point in deserting the coalition because it won't achieve anything for them, for better or worse they are in it for the full term.

while they may panic if there is a bad result in the may elections there is little point in deserting the coalition because it won't achieve anything for them, for better or worse they are in it for the full term.

Maybe..........

Or unless the collapse in LibDem vote (at local elections) causes their party to panic, fall apart and desert the coalition.

Personally I cant see this happening. The Lib Dems will suffer at local elections, that's for sure, but so will the conservatives. I doubt very much that this will cause the Lib Dems to throw away power, they know they would never get another chance. The conservatives on the other hand would recover and probably poll something near their election result.

One thing is certain, the cuts have polarised opinion, but I doubt it would make a huge difference in the seats gained in an election. We would be left with much the same problem we had on May 6th. The Lib Dems would never form a coalition with Labour, not that soon after being in a government with the Conservatives, so their only option would be to reform the coalition with the Conservatives.

This of course is just my observations.

Personally I cant see this happening. The Lib Dems will suffer at local elections, that's for sure, but so will the conservatives. I doubt very much that this will cause the Lib Dems to throw away power, they know they would never get another chance. The conservatives on the other hand would recover and probably poll something near their election result.

One thing is certain, the cuts have polarised opinion, but I doubt it would make a huge difference in the seats gained in an election. We would be left with much the same problem we had on May 6th. The Lib Dems would never form a coalition with Labour, not that soon after being in a government with the Conservatives, so their only option would be to reform the coalition with the Conservatives.

This of course is just my observations.

But like the point Wildcat made the other day, the polls are a broad national indicator.

The will be many regional differences, Lib Dem MP's may decide that they have more chance of being re-elected if they are seen not to be in cahoots with the Cons and therefore best out of the 'coalition'.

Archived