Help with wiring on kawasaki vn 750

Your best bet may to buy a new wiring harness. The cost of having rewired by an auto electrician will work out more expensive in the long run, plus it will never be as reliable, or look as neat as an OE harness.

If the basic harness is OK, and just been hacked about a little and the damage is not too bad, it may be possible to repair it. Vehicle Wiring Products (vehicleproducts.co.uk) will be able supply replacement connectors, and probably a keyswitch as well.

Are the ignition barrel and starter solenoid missing, or do you have replacements?

It is possible to get relatively cheap pattern parts for those, if you let me know exactly which year and model it is (VN750 A1-A9) I can see what's available.

A replacement loom would probably have to be Kawasaki original equipment, and I expect that would be hundreds and take several weeks to come in - no UK dealer will stock it.

If you can get the bike into town to us we have all the electrical gear and correct Japanese connectors - tidying the looms you have shouldn't take very long at all.

Archived