Ooops, didnt realise it was a £20 note..

Twice this week i have purchased goods, and twice i have been given change for a £10 note and not the £20 that was given...

Is the country in such a mess that we have to rip each other off..?

or were they both mistakes.? :suspect::suspect:

anyone else seem to see this common mistake :suspect:

At this time of year, it's more likely that the assistant is punch-drunk by too many rabid customers, rather than trying to rip anyone off. On xmas eve I realised I'd given change for a five instead of a ten, because of sheer impatience by other customers interupting during the transaction, and once I gave them the £10 back instead of a five! :(

With a twenty, by the time you've checked the holograms twice, the line, the Queen and run the pen over it checking for the duff note you might be being passed, it's not an easy mistake to make.

Keep alert, after all it is your responsiblity to check your change.

At this time of year, it's more likely that the assistant is punch-drunk by too many rabid customers, rather than trying to rip anyone off. Twice on xmas eve I realised I'd given change for a five instead of a ten, because of sheer impatience by other customers interupting during the transaction, and once I even gave them the £10 back instead of a five! :(

With a twenty, by the time you've checked the holograms twice, the line, the Queen and run the pen over it looking for the duff note you might be being passed, it's not an easy mistake to make.

Oh, nice one Rubes :lol: pass the blame on to the customer :lol:

i love making a pint of checking the notes given to me as change, i did that once and was asked what i was doing by the shop worker, told her as she checked my money, im checking what she was giving me as change was not fake, look on her face was priceless :D

Is it?

Surely the responsibility is on the professional to give the correct change, not the punter to always have to assume retailers are shortchanging them and it's their fault if they don't pull them on it?

Archived