What makes a good thread on SF?

danot

Iv'e often wondered what it is as there doesn't seem to be any specifics involved. Iv'e noticed that some threads while aiming to hold a serious discussion on political or current affairs can attract very little interest, while another thread disccussing the same subject matter, although worded and expressed with more eloquence, seems to fair far better on SF.

So what is it that makes a good thread? Is it the subject matter being discussed, or is it the wordage and manner we use while discussing the topic?

I steer well clear of the political debates ....I am no good at debating

cant even decide what to have for my tea some days :(

not really sure what makes a good thread

I have started 162 threads and about 131 of them were hot topics....ok a fair few were in Im bored which tend to get more posts :suspect:

so have a look at threads started by shaznay :)

not very intelectual threads but fun :hihi:

Depends on the mood of posters. Sometimes I'll see something political and it will be like a red rag to a bull and I urgently need to respond. Other times I just couldn't be a.rsed.

Threads that are light-hearted and fun are good but these tend to get kicked into the long grass of the "I'm Bored" section nowadays.

What about......"Were you the Muslim chav flying the police helicopter over Manor today who did a poo on Rolf Harris?"

Archived